A Conversation for Florida Sailor's UK Trip - Part One

Lovely details

Post 1

FWR

Looking forward to your next instalments! Really enjoyed this tale and your attention to detail is amusing for one who struggles with street signs in the States. I also mentally cross my fingers every time I plug something in abroad as its just , well, weird, not having switches on electrical sockets....holds breath and waits for the blue flash!

Anyway thanks for sharing!smiley - cheers

Lovely details

Post 2

Florida Sailor All is well with the world

Glad you enjoyed. I am sure a lot of the difference in street signs is what you are used to, and how well you know the streets. I remember one time I tried to find an address in L A, California. I only had to make the first turn after the bridge over the river - it was not until my third attempt that I realized that rivers in California only have water a couple months each year, I was looking for the bridge over the big dry ditchsmiley - smiley

It think the main difference about the plug switches may be that we use 120 volt mains, and only have 240 volt for heavy appliances, like stoves, clothes dryers and heavy air conditioners that are not unplugged for years at a time.

F smiley - dolphin S

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more