This is the Message Centre for towelshop

violin sound post

Post 21

Pink Paisley

You aren't paying for time, you're paying for expertise.

PP.

violin sound post

Post 22

towelshop

I didn't mean to be flippant

When my teacher did it, it literally took her a minute, she just loosened the strings, popped the sound post in and re-tuned my violin. Since this is my only experience of having one fitted that's what I was basing my statement on.

violin sound post

Post 23

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Where does your teacher live? Would it be possible for her to either do it herself or recommend somebody close?

violin sound post

Post 24

towelshop

She was my teacher in primary school Paul, I'm now 41 so she'll be retired if she's still with us as so to speak, but it was a nice idea smiley - smiley

I've asked another music teacher I know if she can recommend anyone and I'm waiting to hear back from her. I have now managed to get the post out so it's no longer rattling about inside.

violin sound post

Post 25

Pink Paisley

I realised that. I wasn't being snotty either.

I often resent the amount tradesmen charge, but just know that if I tackled my own washing machine repair / dentistry / flying an aeroplane, I'd end up in an awful mess.

PP.

violin sound post

Post 26

towelshop

I didn't think you were being snotty, I just saw my quoted text and thought it looked like I was being flippant, hence me explaining myself smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for towelshop

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more