A Conversation for I Couldn't Care Less: Going Underground

Tube

Post 1

Phoenician Trader

In my experience, people carrying babies do get seats, as do people who have really obvious mobility problems. Carers probably have to take their chances.

More interestingly. If I am going North South, I do everything I can to use Thameslink to cross the city and avoid catching the tube in a Zone 1 station. It doesn't work for all trip admittedly but when it does, staying in mainline stations in the inner-inner city is much easier. Also "London Terminals" includes all of the Thameslink central stations, so you can change at London Bridge to go to Kings Cross (lots of lifts at Kings Cross) and get out there on the one ticket. I admit this isn't quite useful advice but it is just another tool in the London Transport toolbox.

smiley - lighthouse

Tube

Post 2

benjaminpmoore

No it's excellent PT, you're quite right. I would have used thameslink if at all possible, as it's much easier that wombling. On this occasion it just wasn't possible, unfortunately.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for I Couldn't Care Less: Going Underground

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more