A Conversation for How I Met Your Mother

Peer Review: A87836089 - How I Met Your Mother

Post 1

the_jon_m - bluesman of the parish

Entry: How I Met Your Mother - A87836089
Author: the_jon_m - bluesman of the parish - U204330

the other version of this was having so many guideml issues ... I've started a new version

A87836089 - How I Met Your Mother

Post 2

Gnomon - time to move on

Don't worry about GuideML. The subeditor can sort them out.

Post 3

Gnomon - time to move on

But if you are doing serious GuideMLing, the number one rule is don't use the Pliny editor. It is s minefield of bugs.

Post 4

it was mainly just adding in the links, then the editor decided that some paragraphs would read better if every word was in alphabetical order, or to change all the links into single self-closing tags

Post 5

h2g2 Guide Editors

Here's the previous Peer Review thread for reference F22142251?thread=8310042

Post 6

*puts on silly hat and dances around*

Hello PR world !!

Post 7

Bluebottle

Love the hat, I'll have to find one that fits... smiley - chefsmiley - jester

It isn't a television series I've watched, but apart from a couple of very minor typos that don't affect the enjoyment of reading this, I've nothing much to add. You could potentially add links to A142228 'Star Wars' - the Films and A29638920 Britney Spears. You make the series sound quite intriguing - was Britney a regular character or, as I assume, a guest-star/cameo appearance once or twice?

<BB<

Post 8

Britney was in it for a few episodes, I tried to alter / add the links as this entry was already in GuideML, but saving the page crashed the system ... so can I ask that the subs deal with that please?

Post 9

SashaQ - happysad

This is looking good smiley - ok

I read it through again, and think that Weekend at Bernie's needs a footnote, as I never did get that smiley - doh although Weekend at Barney's featured in the show a few times...

If you want to just add the text here, jon, the Editorial Team will sort it out for you, but if you can add the footnote to the Entry, that would be even more helpful.

smiley - ok

Post 10

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

smiley - smileyI think that's a good Entry. I saw a few episodes of this and always wondered how it ended (I don't have TV access anymore).

Post 11

Bluebottle

Merry Christmas, Tavsmiley - santa

'Weekend at Bernie's' was one of the few things I did get, as I've not watched the series but watched that film (in which a man named Bernie hires an assassin to kill two of his employees when 'he isn't around' and then dies shortly before a party. The employees, who discover that they are targets, then spend the weekend keeping Bernie's dead body close to them and pretending he's still alive so the assassin doesn't kill them.) But I agree that a footnote to explain this would be helpful. Other than that, it looks good to me.

<BB<

Post 12

SashaQ - happysad

Ah, that's interesting, and would be good as a footnote.

I'd like to see this move forward, as I'm writing a film review and one of the cast was Jason Segel, so it would be great to link to this Entry...

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 13

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 14

Bluebottle

smiley - applauseWell done Jon M!

<BB<

Post 15

bobstafford

Very well done smiley - applausesmiley - ale

Post 16

Congratulations!

Post 17

bobstafford

smiley - cheerssmiley - smiley

Post 18

Do you maybe have a DVD box or similar for a photo?

Post 19

Bluebottle

Alas, the Jon M doesn't seem to have posted since November...

<BB<

Key: Complain about this post