A Conversation for 'Walking with Dinosaurs' - the Television Phenomenon

Peer Review: A87822750 - 'Walking with Dinosaurs' - The Television Phenomenon

Post 1

Bluebottle

Entry: 'Walking with Dinosaurs' - The Television Phenomenon - A87822750
Author: Bluebottle - U43530

An article on a children's science-fiction series, inspired by Create's 'Science Fact, Science Fiction' A87821292.

Is 'Walking with Dinosaurs' science fact, or science fiction? Let me know what you decide!

<BB<

A87822750 - 'Walking with Dinosaurs' - The Television Phenomenon

Post 2

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - wowwell done!smiley - biggrinjust had a quick skim, will read more thoroughly later in the weeksmiley - book

smiley - ok

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - diva

Post 3

Bluebottle

smiley - okIncidentally, am I the only one really looking forward to 'Andy's Dinosaur Adventures', coming soon and starting on CBeebies Dinosaur Week, or have I been trapped inside the house watching children's telly for too long?

<BB<

Post 4

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

I think this is a very good Entry. smiley - smiley As far as I remember I've seen some episodes of some of these series on German TV, but I never watched them all. My mum watched Primeval.
There's not more I can say at the moment, unfortunately. smiley - laugh

Post 5

I wonder... does this Entry really need all the lists of dinosaurs? I'm sure it was work to assemble them but does anyone read it? I didn't. I skipt them to get to something more interesting. smiley - erm

Post 6

Bluebottle

We can see what other people think. If you were a big fan of a particular dinosaur, and wanted to know which episodes feature a Polacanthus or Tyrannosaurus rex, it's useful information to have.

If you find it a bit boring and skim on by, that's fine too.

<BB<

Post 7

smiley - ok

Post 8

SashaQ - happysad

I enjoyed this - great humour smiley - laugh

Having scared myself silly in Jurassic Park because my imagination of a scene was much worse than what was actually shown smiley - yikes I mostly steered clear of Walking with Dinosaurs, as in places it was similarly red in tooth and claw...

I am a particular fan of Triceratops, though, so the tables were a bit interesting to me because of that.

What's paleoentoology?

smiley - ok

Post 9

Bluebottle

Okay, I've added a footnote to explain that and corrected a typo!

<BB<

Post 10

Gnomon - time to move on

Haven't really got time to look through this. One thing jumps out at me: you've used both the American paleo- spelling and the British palaeo. You should keep them all to palaeo-.

Post 11

Bluebottle

smiley - okChanged!
I think it goes without saying that this will benefit when table borders work in Pliny...

<BB<

Post 12

SashaQ - happysad

Ah, I just lost my post...

I have a few more comments on this, but I'm tired, so I'll write them again tomorrow.

smiley - zzz

Post 13

SashaQ - happysad

Right - sorry about that. Try again...

In the Walking with Dinosaurs: Specials (2002) section, how would a bullet-proof vest help against dinosaurs?

In the Sea Monsters (2003) section, was it explained in the next episodes how Nigel survived after being eaten, or was he just eaten for fun, as it were?

In the Walking with Monsters (2005) section, the sentence "This was the sixth series in the series" sounds odd.

Was Primeval made by the same team as the others or does something need adding to the intro to say that Walking with Dinosaurs also inspired other TV programmes?

smiley - ok

Post 14

Bluebottle

smiley - modIn the Walking with Dinosaurs: Specials (2002) section, how would a bullet-proof vest help against dinosaurs?
smiley - biroChanged to ‘body armour’

smiley - modIn the Sea Monsters (2003) section, was it explained in the next episodes how Nigel survived after being eaten, or was he just eaten for fun, as it were?
smiley - biroI’ve added a comment to explain that episodes 2 and 3 begin with the cliffhanger ending resolved, although how the boat survived at the very end is never explained.

smiley - modIn the Walking with Monsters (2005) section, the sentence "This was the sixth series in the series" sounds odd.
smiley - biroChanged!

smiley - modWas Primeval made by the same team as the others or does something need adding to the intro to say that Walking with Dinosaurs also inspired other TV programmes?
smiley - biroI’ve reworded to emphasise that it was also made by Tim Haines & Impossible Pictures.

<BB<

Post 15

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - ok

If the boat survived... smiley - evilgrin

Good changes smiley - biggrin

Post 16

Bluebottle

Either way, I think they're gonna need a bigger boat...smiley - shark

<BB<

Post 17

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - laugh

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 18

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 19

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - applause

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - diva

Post 20

Congratulations!

Key: Complain about this post