This is the Message Centre for FWR

Lost in France II ..the return of stupidity!

Post 1

FWR

Spent the usual couple of months debating where the club should go on our annual 'big' motorcycle run, Hungary, Poland and Germany finally gave way to southern Spain, all sorted and routes, costs, time off being calculated....failed miserably to agree on anywhere we all wanted to go...again....back to the north...east...Ireland...Iceland?

Eventually the more plastic shrouded members have had their way and we will be travelling once again around beautiful France, talking in the Le Mans 24 hour moto race to keep the speedfreaks happy...me...I will be escaping the noise and boredom of watching others ride bikes really fast and going on a few bimbles, getting hopelessly lost in the nearby countryside, hopefully with some nice food, a glass of red and a full tank of fuel!
2017 looking pretty cool already, happy new year all from us stupid English bikers!

FWR

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

This sounds wonderful...especially as I'm sitting here with a bad cold, staring at the endlessly falling snow out my window...

Enjoy, bring back stories and pics! smiley - biggrin

Post 3

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Some parts of France seem to have high crime rates. Overall, though, the country as a whole seems benign

" the number of recorded crimes in France is around a third lower than that in the UK"
http://www.french-property.com/news/french_life/crime_rates_france_2011/

here's a link that says the Loire Valley has one of the lowest crime rates in France:
http://www.france4u.eu/article-i-id-i-79789-i-loire-valley-description.html

I'd stay away from Marseilles, though. Maye I'm paranoid because when I used an ATM in Rome, thieves stole my ATM card info and drained my account in Aix-en-Provence. smiley - sadface

Post 4

FWR

Nothing that a good helping of stupidity and horsepower can't overcome...tends to be very very little crime at biker bashes Paulsmiley - cheers

Post 5

Superfrenchie

smiley - sadface Still not my area...

Have fun, though ! smiley - biker

Post 6

You can call me TC

*nudges SF* We could still all go there and have a hootoo flash mob and take FWR a few bottles of smiley - redwine - to lessen the shock - with the TGV we can get there in a couple of hours.

Post 7

FWR

Party time in France then... have bike will travel!

Post 8

Superfrenchie

That's tempting ! smiley - biggrin

Don't have bike, will travel.

Post 9

FWR

So a left turn off the ferry and head towards Belgium?

Post 10

I've never trusted Belgium because it doesn't rhyme with anything, not even orange. smiley - winkeye

Post 11

ITIWBS

Helium!

Post 12

Or maybe panjandrum or humdrum.

I never will go back to Belgium
Because It was tedious and humdrum.
The food I've forgotten.
The weather was rotten,
With many a bossy panjandrum.

Post 13

I adore the picturesque and hospitable city of Liege,
At the Sunday outdoor market, giant Flemish bunnies are all the rage.
In Bruges, the food is utterly great,
Pannekoeken with butter'll make you salivate.
Antwerp's a transport of delight.
Almost as cool as the Isle of Wight.
The zoo has an amazing primate collection,
And when you're tired of natural perfection,
You can wander over to the church with the tall steeple,
And gaze upon Rubens' paintings of very fat people.
Belgium, in short, offers pleasures a-plenty,
But perhaps we'll keep it for the cognoscenti.

Post 14

You have a point, Dmitri, but the subtitle for this thread is "return of stupidity." I was trying to honor that theme. smiley - online2long

Anyway, the next tiome I'm in brges, I'll try to remember some of what you said.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780536/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Post 15

smiley - laugh Well, considering what happened last time - A87873835 - I was trying to give FWR some tips. We want more of this kind of 'stupidity' in the h2g2 Post.

Speaking of which, 'In Bruges' is going to feature in some upcoming Post Stuff, as I recall...smiley - whistle

And, speaking of bikers and FWR, be sure to catch the new Post issue - he's got some amazing work in this one. smiley - winkeye

Post 16

When the bicycle first became popular, there were people who circumnavigated the globe without using any gasoline at all. Then somebody added a motor to two-wheeled transport, and eclipsed the original idea of getting around using pedals to power things.

For me, the word "biker" will always be first and foremost the original use of the term. "Motorcyclist" is a fine word, in my opinion. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post