This is the Message Centre for FWR

Cakes, the great British summer and freaking myself out.

Post 1

FWR

Weirdly busy day, helped the wife deliver and build a beautiful four tier wedding cake, then drove down south in the worst thunderstorm I've seen in donkeys years, I mean the A1 had ten foot waves coming off the prats cars trying to do 70! The Lightning was beautiful though.
Thought I'd do a small piece for the Post regarding the recent discussions about Time and ended up seriously spooking myself, goosebumps time, and in just three short paragraphs!
Saw my beautiful grandson at my beautiful eldest daughters, quick meal at Eds then more cake building for his 1st birthday party. Talking stories with my two youngest beautiful children then a cheeky drink with my beautiful wife before tomorrows festivities. Amazing how a quick yarn can make you appreciate the here and now.

Post 2

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I wish we could have some of your rain. smiley - grovel

Post 3

Florida Sailor All is well with the world

We are scheduled to get a good bit of rain next week. I will not worry, unless they give it a namesmiley - yikes

I would be glad to send it up to you, but I am afraid that is a bit beyond my powerssmiley - sadface

smiley - biggrin

F smiley - dolphin S

Post 4

The reservoir that Boston gets its water from is 87% full. No water restrictions here yet, so we can water our plants if we need to. It's just that I miss singing in the rain.

Post 5

Florida Sailor All is well with the world

We have been on water restriction for well over the last 20 years, even when there have been serious floods!

We are restricted to watering once a week, either in the early morning or after sunset, the day allowed is based on the last number of your address.

I don't know why, it is all dictated by SWFWMD (pronounced 'Swift Mud') the South West Florida Water Management District.

It is a government entity, so its rules do not have to make sense.

One time we were visiting my wife's relatives in the Pacific North West (Washington State) We were sitting on the patio and I mentioned how the sprinklers had been on for several hours in the afternoon. He replied that they were encouraged to use as much water as possible because the reservoirs were so high.

smiley - shrug

F smiley - dolphin S

Post 6

smiley - laugh

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for FWR

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more