Entry: The First Stuarts - A87793960
Author: bobstafford - U3151547

For ideas and comment only

A87793960 - The First Stuarts

Post 2

Bluebottle

Good start so far smiley - smiley.

Which Witch is Which?
'A dark and midnight hag' is a witch, not a which, unless you are asking Which Hunts?

There are a couple of footnotes that I would be inclined to keep in the main body of the text, but that is up to you.

Let me know how this progresses!

<BB<

Post 3

Gnomon - time to move on

I'm puzzled by the title - since James was King James VI of Scotland, he was hardly the first Stuart. We was in fact the sixth one. Should you have something about the other 5?

Or should this be "The First Stuarts to Rule England" or something?

Post 4

bobstafford

Cast a smiley - witch spell check

smiley - witch footnotes need attention.

What do you think about the reading list below and entry series list above.

smiley - smiley

Post 5

bobstafford

Good point "The Stuarts of England" perhaps or "The First Stuart Kings of England" as the entries will not go beyond the English Civil War.

Post 6

Gnomon - time to move on

Are you planning on expanding this entry to be about the other Stuarts as well? Or do you intend this entry to be about James and to have other entries about the other Stuarts?

If it is the latter, you should rename the entry to be "James, First Stuart King of England".

Post 7

bobstafford

Hello Gnomon

This entry is a sort of follow on from Mary Queen of Scots entry; and the series will end with the start of the English Civil War. Starting with James in England, and ending with Charles I with a possible Charles II entry . This is filling gaps in the H2G2 coverage.

The rest has been covered to a point, and the Siege of Derry covers the end of the Stuarts, but that may need another entry to close the period.

But this entry and the ones listed at the top are only just about Jim <I & VI> and Charlie .

I hope that answers your question smiley - smiley

Post 8

bobstafford

Hello Gnomon

Ready for Peer Review? Are you happy with the title?

smiley - smiley

Post 9

Gnomon - time to move on

I'm not at all happy with the title.

I didn't fully understand your answer, as you didn't directly answer my question.

The Title is the Title of the Entry, not the title of a series of entries. It should be about the content of this entry. If you are writing a series of entries, you can certainly put the title of the series within the entry as it would be done in a Project, but the Entry Title must say what is in the Entry.

This entry seems to be about James the First, so your title should reflect this. I'd suggest "James I, the First Stuart King of England".

Post 10

bobstafford

"James Ist the First Stuart King of England" sounds good to me smiley - run job done smiley - cheers

Post 11

bobstafford

Thanks smiley - ok

Post 12

bobstafford

Off to PR then?

Post 13

Gnomon - time to move on

You should never use the BR/ tag, except for poetry which must move onto a new line at a particular point, and for putting an attribution at the end of a quotation.

Change your list of descendants into a bullet point list using UL and /UL, with LI and /LI around each list item.

Post 14

bobstafford

all done smiley - ok

Post 15

Gnomon - time to move on

That looks a lot better now. I'm just wondering why some of the names in the list are in italics are others aren't. Is that intended to represent anything, or did you just forget to italicise them all?

Other than that, this looks good for Peer Review.

Post 16

Bluebottle

I had assumed that the names in italics with stars after them represented the children who did not live to adulthood, although I agree that perhaps that should be mentioned. I'm not sure if we need the names starred also?

<BB<

Post 17

bobstafford

That looks a lot better now. I'm just wondering why some of the names in the list are in italics are others aren't. Is that intended to represent anything, or did you just forget to italicize them all?

Perhaps keep the three who became adult in bold print and italicize them all as suggested
smiley - smiley

What looks best ??

Post 18

Bluebottle

I'd probably avoid having ',*,' after the names as that looks confusing.

Simply bold and/or italic would work.

<BB<

Post 19

bobstafford

That better smiley - smiley

Post 20

bobstafford

Off to PR then smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post