A Conversation for The Lounge

Memories of Terry

Post 41

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Rincewind is one of the most sensible characters in all of literature. smiley - smiley if I'm not already like him, I'd like to be. smiley - grovel

Memories of Terry

Post 42

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

my favourite for some time has been Granny Weatherwax and I do admit i was slightly disappointed when his latest set of books was set in the city...

Memories of Terry

Post 43

bobstafford

Greebo was also a wonderful creation smiley - laugh

Memories of Terry

Post 44

I enjoyed him as Count Gribeau [in human form] in "Maskerade." smiley - laugh

The thing is, Pratchett had a *lot* of great characters. Veterinari keeps surprising with all the talents he has.

Memories of Terry

Post 45

Bluebottle

Pratchett's characters are all so believable, yet you do need a book like 'Turtle Recall' to keep track of them all...

<BB<

Memories of Terry

Post 46

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

I like all his characters..even the evil ones.

Memories of Terry

Post 47

Deb

I'm very fond of Sam Vimes, & Granny Weatherwax. I'm also enjoying the Nac Mac Feegles at the moment, although when I first encountered them (I forget which book, Carpe Jugulum perhaps?) they really irritated me. I'm reading the Tiffany Aching books just now and I was dubious starting them because of that irritation, but I'm loving them!

Ach, crivens!

Deb smiley - cheerup

Memories of Terry

Post 48

Baron Grim

smiley - boing

I recently read _The Shepherd's Crown_ and couldn't help but get quite choked up with smiley - bleep...

Sorry, don't want to spoil it for anyone, but those that read it will probably know what plot point I'm referring to that happens quite early in the story. Sir Terry knew this would likely, if not assuredly would be his last book...

BTW... it's nice to see some Terry Pratchett entries on the front page recently. Specifically, last week we had A87858689 and this week there's A87857761 .

Memories of Terry

Post 49

Bluebottle

It's on my Christmas listsmiley - book
It will be very bittersweet – I want to read it, but I'll be reading it knowing it is the last time I'll read a new Discworld novel.

I'm glad you're enjoying the entries on Terry Pratchett's television adaptations smiley - smiley

<BB<

Memories of Terry

Post 50

Deb

It's my book-after-next to buy. Really looking forward to it.

Deb smiley - cheerup

Memories of Terry

Post 51

" I'll be reading it knowing it is the last time I'll read a new Discworld novel." [Bluebottle]

You may well be right. I thought Pratchett's daughter was going to keep the tradition going, though.

Key: Complain about this post