A Conversation for The Lounge

Are you new to h2g2?

Post 41

towelshop

I've just had a thread moved from ask to my own personal space and I don't understand why. I was asking advice on how to properly fit a sound post.

Are you new to h2g2?

Post 42

Nameless Stealth Wobo

I would rather not state my name so I won't.

I'm a gamer, I have read the Guide, I have already ruined a game on this site, I learned about this site through relative, and I make loads of mistakes here and there so don't blame me if I get something wrong.smiley - hsif

Are you new to h2g2?

Post 43

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

Most people here happily use pseudonyms, so don't worry about your real name unless you actually want to tell us it. (Actually, some people call me TRiG in real life, so perhaps that *is* my real name now.)

Are you new to h2g2?

Post 44

kasdog

not new nowsmiley - biggrin

Are you new to h2g2?

Post 45

Metaforest

I discovered this magical website a couple months ago, thanks to my current obsession with Alternate Reality Games (ARGs). It all started with a tidbit about a game by Douglas Adams called Starship Titanic (starshiptitanic.com) and the curious appearance of a website for its in-game parent company, Starlight Travel (starshiptitanic.com/prelaunch). Well somewhere down that rabbit hole I found a link to this site, and I'm glad I did!

Ok, I'll be honest, I'm super lazy when it comes to writing. I dread the prospect of having to put together a long series of coherent thoughts. That being said, I neither confirm nor deny this being the primary reason that most of my "writing" consists of nonsense, wordplay, sentence fragments, doodles, lists, diagrams, and thoughtfully arranged scraps of miscellany, all of which I put entirely too much thought into. Because what I REALLY do is write "clues", encrypted poetry, secret messages, and hidden games. I'm in love with the idea of creating art/poetry/media that people can investigate and peel back layers to discover that there is more there than meets the eye.

And just in case you're thinking "Wow that is SO impressive!", I should tell you that I haven't actually DONE much of this yet, its still mostly just a lofty vision of what I would like to do if I wasn't such a slacker smiley - tongueout

Hopefully, this site will help motivate and inspire me to do more of that (it already has actually!). I'm really looking forward to learning more about the community!

Are you new to h2g2?

Post 46

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

Hello and welcome!

I'll recommend that you check out The Post and Create. Of course I'd like it if you felt able to write for the Edited Guide as well, but from your post above, it seems that the less constrained, freer opportunity of The Post might be more your cup of tea.

if you've any queries, we're here to assist -particularly lil, your ACE, who welcomed you to h2g2. You can contact her via the message left on your personal space.

I do hope to see you around on the site, and that you find some interesting people to chat with.

Lanzababy.

Are you new to h2g2?

Post 47

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

http://www.h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/brunel/thepost

smiley - smiley

worth a read at any time smiley - smileysmiley - winkeye

Are you new to h2g2?

Post 48

Storm

I was here once before but only for a little bit. I'm currently based in Bangladesh (from UK) and I'm looking for conversations with people who share a level of English.

Unfortunately I am finding that hard to say in a coherent manner suggesting that I am looking for conversation in an awkward and stilted manner...

I'm also looking for smiley - aleandsmiley - tea but that's a constant state.

Are you new to h2g2?

Post 49

Milla, h2g2 Operations

I recognise your name, I believe! Welcome back. I know that many here (includning me) don't have English as a first language, and I hope you can find places to make conversation smiley - smiley The Lounge http://h2g2.com/thelounge/ might be a good place.

Or just pick a random person, check out their conversations, and dive in if it seems like a nice place!

smiley - towel

Are you new to h2g2?

Post 50

Storm

Hi

I think I meant 'some level of fluency and shared concepts'. I realize I sound like a flag waving nationalist but that was entirely accidental!

Are you new to h2g2?

Post 51

U5250102

Hello h2g2,

I'm Warrior2 (Login name) AKA warrier2 (Screen name) AKA Tim (Real name)

I Joined h2g2 on: Monday 8th June 2015 (8/6/15).

I found h2g2 on: Monday 8th June 2015 (8/5/15) because in Mum's emails, I was looking through Mum's old emails and saw this: h2g2 and I revived the account and wasn't sure who owns the account but. I found out that it was Mum (who at that time registered in 2006, when me and my brothers and sister were under 16).

This account is mine because I'm 16, and this account havn't been used in 9 years and now: This account is mine, joined here by reviving this account and I will stay in this community forever.

Yours Sincerely,

Tim

P.S. This account registered in Tuesday 8th August 2006.

P.P.S. Anyone wants to be my friend?

Are you new to h2g2?

Post 52

RTDodger

I've just joined. Today being Friday, and with not working hard, I happened to be researching Friday on Wikipedia, after listening to Joe Jackson's Friday after lunch as I always do. A post on this site is a reference for Friday being POETS day.

Are you new to h2g2?

Post 53

Icy North

Hey, welcome to h2g2! smiley - pggb

If anything doesn't make sense, then just ask - we're all friendly (if a little odd)

Are you new to h2g2?

Post 54

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - ermI'm not odd! I'm just smiley - weird

Are you new to h2g2?

Post 55

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Welcome RTDodger smiley - smiley

smiley - towel

Are you new to h2g2?

Post 56

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

*looks at Prof's Unumber*

Huh, he's right--he's not odd!

Are you new to h2g2?

Post 57

I am reallysmiley - winkeye

Are you new to h2g2?

Post 58

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Welcome, RTDodger -- is there any special significance to your handle.

Actually, he's extremely odd.

Are you new to h2g2?

Post 59

smiley - hug

Are you new to h2g2?

Post 60

smiley - hug

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more