This is the Message Centre for

Mission Accomplished....

Post 1

Researcher 14993127

....not only have I finally succeeded in getting a doctors apt, said appts are coming through thick and fast now.smiley - spacesmiley - biggrin
I've had the MRI scan which shows a crumbling disc in my neck which is pinching the nerves hence the numbness and pins/needles down left arm. I've now been referred to a spinal surgeon and await that appt.
The nerve pain issue in left side of face and head is a different issue, known as Trigeminal neuralgia. As a result I'm on another medication called Gabapentin and likely to be on it long term as there is no real cure for this condition. The spinal surgeon will decide on whether surgery or medication will be required for the trapped nerve/neck issue.smiley - spacesmiley - erm
There's been a lot of press coverage of late about Statins and whether they benefit people at risk of Heart Disease. It seems some in the drugs industry as well as some medical opinion think a low dose Statin, (usually 10mg) should be prescribed to those deemed at risk. There is another body of opinion that state this is unnecessary and that the potential side effects of long term use of Statins could do more harm than good. Not sure where that leaves me, I'm on a high dose Statin, namely 40mg, and have been for the last decade or so. I've had problems with muscle pain and also had some dodgy blood test results for things like liver and kidney function. Due to have a re-run of tests this week as there is concern now about kidneys. This could also be related to the new med, the Gabapentin, which apparently can affect laboratory test results as well.smiley - spacesmiley - ermsmiley - spaceWe shall see in the fullness of time as they say.smiley - spacesmiley - shrug
On that note, tis time for a nice mug of smiley - spacesmiley - coffeesmiley - space and just plod on as usual.
Hope all is well with all my friends hereabouts, ttfn. smiley - spacesmiley - towel

smiley - cat

Mission Accomplished....

Post 2

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

Greedy!

my statin's 10mg, giving minor muscle pain in arms at times (side effect of them)

Mission Accomplished....

Post 3

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - cuddlebothsmiley - cheerup

smiley - nursesmiley - smooch

Mission Accomplished....

Post 4

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

we're bravesmiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more