This is the Message Centre for mechanicalkittyn

Peace and Conflict Studies

Post 1

mechanicalkittyn

Hello all,

I am wondering what Faculty the subject area of Peace and Conflict Studies would go?

It can not go under apecific subjects such as political science or social science as it integrates a broad range of knowledge and takes ideas from a multitude of areas such as the above as well as anthropology, science, psychology, international relations, education, health, history ...etc...

Any thoughts?

I would love to create some entries on the concepts and theories of violence, nonviolence, conflict management and many more in which I can not think of at this very moment of time.

I study this area at my university in Australia under Leadership and proffessional studies, although at other univesities it gets lumped with political science, international relations, education, and industrial relations.

KittyN

Post 2

echomikeromeo

I'd go with Social Sciences if I were you.

Post 3

Smij - Formerly Jimster

At the moment we're working to the absolute broadest categories, but if one specific sub-category begins to show a lot of interest we may open up further faculties.

For the moment though, Social Sciences is your best bet. Good luck! smiley - smiley

Post 4

Jameschua

Hi,

Its useful to have a course on Peace and Conflict studies at different levels and categories. The subject could easily fall academically into social and political science. Understand that Harvard and Stanford Universities do have such courses too.

Thread Moved

Post 5

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'The h2g2 University' to 'ME'.

No Project started, Back to User Page.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for mechanicalkittyn

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more