A Conversation for h2g2 Announcements

2016-05-29 Tech Announcement: New Login

Post 81

Icy North

If the route to Cloudflare fails, maybe it should play "Do you Know the Way to San Jose..." smiley - musicalnote

Post 82

ITIWBS

smiley - roflEven post 75.

I often read my email in the loo.

Also I spent all day yesterday upgrading software and optimizing, ironing out wrinkles in the system in response to getting hammered by miscellaneous software providers with updates.

One of my apps had to go as a consequence.

Found a better replacement for it.

Its beginning to work smoothly again.smiley - smiley

Still loading a little slowly, but beyond any reasonable doubt its my own system, still staggering under the weight of the most recent updates.

The seems to be a natural law that software designers reflexively strain at the available limit of code in the programing module (16 byte, 32, 64, 86) despite aggravating potential for a crash and slowing the system.

Same song, second verse, updates tend over time to exceed the capacity of machines designed to handle the original software release.

The must be a way of encouraging them to do the reverse.

For example, a 'minimum code that meets the specs wins the bid' standard.

smiley - evilgrinSomething to be mindful of when shopping for new software.

Post 83

Florida Sailor All is well with the world

RE post 77;

That is the same message I usually get, except my gateway is Miami. I use Firefox at home and Explorer at the office,same screen on both.

I have always written my replies here on a WP, even though typos and missed words still happensmiley - shrug

F smiley - dolphin S

Post 84

Recumbentman

Sympathies.

I use Chrome and Brunel on a six-year-old Mac and I haven't been logged out of h2g2, voluntarily or in-, for months. Even in the change-over to new login, it opened up same as always. I re-registered out of courtesy.

Post 85

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Well done that (recumbent) man smiley - ok

I have returned to using Firefox and Alabastard on my close to 10 year old iMac which I never turn off.
I never sign out either (except by accidents and stuff)

But as I said in another thread I now have to turn off auto-updates of iTunes since it uses too much of my 2GB memory. Next step is adding 2 more GB smiley - geek

smiley - pirate

Post 86

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

I received a new login this morning when switching accounts between GB & The Editors for processing entries work.

Seems the Captcha is back in favour, I had been clicking the "I am not a robot" box and it allowed me access, but now I have to select, eg, pictures with a dining room, before it will allow me to proceed.

smiley - smiley

Post 87

Need any help? I know a dining room when I see one smiley - biggrin

smiley - pirate

Post 88

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Yeah, that Captcha thing is too much of an intelligence test. It not only stops robots, it fools aliens from other planets who don't know what a 'storefront' is. smiley - rofl

Post 89

Icy North

I have trouble getting in when I suffer my robot complex.

Post 90

smiley - rofl We demand a culture-inclusive Captcha code.

Select all photos with thatched roofs:

http://www.canstockphoto.com/images-photos/grass-huts-beautiful.html

Post 91

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

I need a peesmiley - smiley

Post 92

Icy North

Or how about:

Select the person who is telling the truth:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=uk+politician&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjGuJ2b4NXNAhXGLsAKHf7fBGkQ_AUICCgB&biw=1482&bih=588

(could be here for a while)

Post 93

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

Pheew that's better smiley - laugh

Post 94

Stephen Colbert explained that Boris Johnson to the US. smiley - smiley He compared him to Donald Trump...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8tEIOV5fMk

Post 95

smiley - laughtrumpsmiley - laugh Just how can you compare BJ to DT like that......... Just wait America, what goes around comes around............ smiley - rofl

Post 96

Deb

"He has a hair graft from a viking corpse" smiley - rofl

Deb smiley - cheerup

Post 97

I'm afraid it takes more than One Boris to balance out a Drumpf

smiley - pirate

Post 98

I agree, Pierce. Alas. smiley - laugh

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more