A Conversation for h2g2 Announcements

2015-09-28 Announcement: A Tech Update from Brian Larholm

Post 21

Digital Led . . ignorance is bliss

And we are awake again smiley - ok

Post 22

Cheerful Dragon

I've been able to log in from my laptop using my UID, but not from my tablet. In fact, this morning I got the 'Oops' page on my tablet instead of my user page. The only place I could go from there was the Front Page. Has this been sorted, or do I have to keep using my laptop for my h2g2 fix?

Post 23

Gnomon - time to move on

The login system was down for a number of hours today.

Post 24

Reality Manipulator

I am not logging out nor am I deleting my h2g2 history, so that I won't have anymore problems. I have my personal space bookmarked both in Alabaster and Brunel skins.smiley - goodluck

Post 25

Cheerful Dragon

H2G2 is now back up on my tablet. Thank you everyone who was involved in sorting out the issues.smiley - cheers

Post 26

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

re 24

I never log out either, Thinker, but I have bookmarks to Alabastard and Pliny

smiley - pirate

Post 27

Reality Manipulator

Pierce I have added Classic Goo to my bookmarks. Just in case I have problems using the other skins.

Post 28

Deb

I'm in Goo & I have had no problems at all.

But then I don't understand why everyone doesn't use Goo. It's quite obviously the superior skin smiley - biggrin

Deb smiley - cheerup

Post 29

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

Conversation links are in the wrong place.

smiley - pirate

Post 30

ITIWBS

I personally prefer brunel.

It may be a little baroque, but its also easier on my eyes.

Post 31

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

There's no accounting for taste....

Post 32

Cheerful Dragon

Or, perhaps, 'Chacun a son goo'?

smiley - dragonsmiley - run

Post 33

Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

There was one incident over the week-end where I was asked to "complete" my registration. And life went on - until the front doors were closed for a few hours of maintenance. But all returned when the ham(p)sters had their breakkies ... And life goes on in Brunel, generally easier on the eyes, easier to find things, not so blinding or bland as other skins.

Post 34

"Or, perhaps, 'Chacun a son goo'?" [Cheerful Dragon]

That would be worthy of our pun thread? Would you consider posting it there? smiley - smiley

Post 35

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

any update on the fixing of hootoo ??

Post 36

Icy North

"It'll be ready Thursday"

And the answer will be the same on Friday smiley - smiley

Post 37

Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

There was a time that I let cynicism get in my way. I have returned to optimism - it makes the days lighter and easier.

Post 38

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

The smiley - hamstersmiley - hamster never said which Th*rsday, did they? smiley - tongueincheek

smiley - pirate

Post 39

I don't think they've ever got the hang of Thursdays. Fortunately it's not Thursday now, at least not here.

Post 40

Florida Sailor All is well with the world

There was an old World War II veteran who received an invitation from his combat unit to attend a reunion celebrating the 50th anniversary of their departure for Europe. They had booked a convention room near where they had been posted while waiting for their ship.

He went up to the attic and pulled out his old Army trunk to see if he could find something to wear for the occasion. His old dress uniform, that he had not worn since the day they had departed was near the bottom.

He thought this would be perfect and he tried to struggle into the jacket. Maybe with a little letting out of the seems. Then he found an brown, brittle ticket in the breast pocket. It was a claim ticket for a New York City shoe repair store, where he had left a pair of shoes to be repaired before they had sailed. He thought it would be a great joke to present the ticket and try to claim his shoes when he arrived there after half a century.

The shop was still open at the old address and he presented his claim ticket. The young clerk look at it and disappeared into the back room for about half an hour.

When he returned he said 'Yes sir your shoes are still here - and they should be ready by next Thursday!'

Sorry for the smiley - offtopic

F smiley - dolphin S

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more