This is the Message Centre for Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Subbing Last Battle

Post 1

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Hi Dmitri smiley - hug

I have subbed your article here: A87870810 <--- don't forget to subscribe! smiley - towel

No queries, and may say how much I enjoy your dry humour smiley - laugh

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - tardis

Subbing Last Battle

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Thanks! smiley - ok and smiley - hug

It was fun - and I felt I had to write it, because as far as I can tell, one of the fighters was a very distant relative.

I was poking around in the genealogy stuff and ran across Eltonhead, whose daughter married the guy I was researching. The name alone was worth a look... Under 'Death', it said, 'Hanged by the Puritans.' I yelped, 'What? What? What?'

And if it amused as well as filled in part of the Civil War story, so much the better. smiley - winkeye

Subbing Last Battle

Post 3

Oh it definitely amusedsmiley - laugh
Returned to Eds for final polishsmiley - disco

smiley - bluelightI love the Twilight Zone connections. They make you wonder if life isn't just some cosmic joke, and the prize at the end of it all is for those who have laughed the most at the absurdity of it all.
smiley - jester
As for Eltonhead, well, I'd have had the same urge I reckon, and it would have been added to my list. It's as long as my arm, but still, I do intend getting back to writing as soon as we can smiley - drumroll some more sub-editorssmiley - whistle

smiley - hug

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - tardis

Subbing Last Battle

Post 4

I wish you smiley - goodluck - we need more subeditors. smiley - ok

And I agree, you have to laugh. Last night, we watched the second part of the BBC series, 'Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot'. It wasn't History as we know it, but it was really funny watching Robert Carlyle play James VI and I. smiley - rofl

Subbing Last Battle

Post 5

Oh I haven't seen that! Must add it to my list of things to watchsmiley - ok

Subbing Last Battle

Post 6

smiley - ok It's a hoot. Part I is sort of 'Game of Thrones' with Mary Queen of Scots, then Jamie and the kids get involved, and all those barrels of gunpowder...

I stumbled across it on Netflix. The Guardian's minireview was priceless:

http://www.theguardian.com/theobserver/2004/mar/21/features.review37

Subbing Last Battle

Post 7

I confess I am one of the few who have not seen one episode of 'Game of Thrones' smiley - blush but on your recommendation I will definitely seek it out!smiley - ok

Subbing Last Battle

Post 8

I've only seen outtakes of 'Game of Thrones' myself - I'm not subscribed. smiley - laugh Too much like politics for me.

Subbing Last Battle

Post 9

h2g2 Guide Editors

Congratulations! Your Entry is on the Front Page today smiley - magic

Subbing Last Battle

Post 10

Thanks! smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more