This is the Message Centre for Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

I Hate New Computers

Post 21

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - puff I think the worst is about over.

Thank goodness for patient tech support. We seem to have made it over.

On the whole, there are good things and bad things about this new system, and I'm still not sure I can get on Skype from here. But it's survivable.

I'm impressed with the new Word program - it's actually possible to save documents in a cloud, so they don't get lost when you fry your hardrive. A big plus. smiley - smiley

However, I wish computer programmers would take pity on us visually impaired folk. Sure, you can make page bigger. But you can't make the little, tiny buttons you need bigger, or darker, so you can see them. You have to have a normally-sighted person around to tell you where they are, and then guess and stab. smiley - sigh

Also, it is just evil that there's no more Freecell. smiley - laugh What do I do when waiting for a call?

But you're going to enjoy Mags' editorial this week. Be sure to turn out in support - it's going to be a beautiful issue. smiley - winkeye

I Hate New Computers

Post 22

Pastey

There is freecell, you just have to install it separately.

If you go into the Start Screen, you should see an icon for the Store, it's usually what looks a bit like a white shopping bag on a bright green background.

Clicking on that opens up the store, then search for "microsoft freecell" and you'll get the link to install the Microsoft Solitaire Collection. All new and pretty smiley - winkeye

As for Skype, don't install that from the store, it's rubbish as an app. Just go to their website and install it from there smiley - smiley

I Hate New Computers

Post 23

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Thanks! smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more