This is the Message Centre for Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Sunday Movie Recommendation: Perfect Sense

Post 21

Willem

I will see if I can somehow manage a peak at this movie Dmitri! But anyways ... I'm about 97% asexual, for the record. As for logical and sensible ... I think I'm pretty logical and sensible and I don't even know where the box is.

Post 22

KB

That thought had crossed my mind. There's an idea possibly rooted in romanticism that creativity is in one camp, and things like "logic" and "sense" are in another - a dull, grey mathematical camp. I'm not so sure I agree, though. It seems to me that logic and sense can be an enormous stimulus for creativity. That was a big part of what the renaissance was, when you think about it. Leonardo's scientific an anatomical studies, for example.

Sorry for rambling Dmitri, but it's interesting! smiley - ok

Post 23

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

No problem at all, ramble on!

I'm enjoying the discussion.

To be fair to the filum without giving too much away, it isn't merely about a love affair between two admittedly unmatched and unsympathetic people.

It's about the relationship between sensory input and connectivity to the world.

And I have found o8ut that yes, those people were really eating raw fish. smiley - ill

Post 24

Malabarista - now with added pony

Yes, raw fish they can't even smell to see whether it's spoilt. I think that's what annoys me so much about the chef - he seems to forget that the main purpose of cooking is to get nutrition into people without killing them.

The idea was good. But I think this film would've been much better as a series of vignettes showing how different people cope with it, a bit like Night on Earth.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more