This is the Message Centre for Herenna - southpaw for now

Where have I seen you before?

Post 1

Herenna - southpaw for now

List what I've been to and what I did from 20 to 10 years ago, or risk being written off as just another creepy hanger on and possibly a journalist?

I know who I was, what I did, and where our paths might or might not have crossed. I also know (from working in with the Guide Association) that people touch a lot more lives than they realise at the time.

No sorry, I don't remember sending you to get change from another stall, teaching you that song, checking your lashings, testing you for that badge, or showing you how to make that, but if I did, you probably do. smiley - erm

In the same way, I don't expect organisers and other high ups in various organisations to remember one person who used to be at events a lot but then (because life happens) dropped more or less completely off that scene's radar. I never aimed to become one of the high ups, nor part of the inner circle, and that was out of choice.

It doesn't make me a wannabe, a hanger on, or an infiltrator. Nor do I owe you a list of what I did, including when and where.

Time passes and people come and go.smiley - zensmiley - tea

Post 2

Herenna - southpaw for now

That post will probably have come across as angry, defensive, or at least passive aggressive.

The thing is, there are times when you can't win; reel off your credentials and it's either bragging (or trying too hard), or leave several bits out of your answer and sound dodgy. I have no interest in digging up fragments of gossip and worse merely to prove myself to you.

I am who and what I am, not my problem if that makes part of one of your vague memories itch.

Post 3

A T Hun

Angry? not in the least

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Herenna - southpaw for now

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more