This is the Message Centre for Malabarista - now with added pony

Thanks, Marie Curie!

Post 1

Malabarista - now with added pony

I admit it, I'd been getting pretty depressed about my job prospects lately - I'd written nearly 100 job applications in the last year, for a handful of interviews that didn't go anywhere and a lot of "computer says no"s.

But then a friend applied for and got a research fellowship (he's now in Switzerland, working at the LHC!), and recommended their website to me.

I had a look, applied for a few, got turned down, and almost didn't bother with the last one.

A few weeks ago, I was clearing out my spam (smiley - puff) and found an e-mail from that one asking me for a skype interview.

It was a very strange interview - they barely asked me any questions, just told me how great their company was - and told me they'd get back to me by the end of the week.

Now, 12 days later, they finally e-mailed - just when I'd lost hope, I've got the job!!!

It's a Marie Curie research fellowship in digital cultural heritage, with a possibility of doing a PhD. Perfect.

Oh, and I have to move to Vienna by the 1st of September, but that's not a big scary daunting load of organisational stuff at all, right?

Thanks, Marie Curie!

Post 2

You can call me TC

Wow! That sounds brilliant. And what better place than Vienna? Can't you sleep on Tav's floor till you find something?

Thanks, Marie Curie!

Post 3

KB

Fantastic! Congratulations!

Thanks, Marie Curie!

Post 4

Sho - employed again!

congratulations!

Thanks, Marie Curie!

Post 5

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

Wow, many congratulations Mala!

Thanks, Marie Curie!

Post 6

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

Congrats Mala. Is Jackson going to your mom's?

Thanks, Marie Curie!

Post 7

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Sounds great! Congratulations smiley - ok

smiley - pirate

Thanks, Marie Curie!

Post 8

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - applause Wonderful news! smiley - biggrin

Thanks, Marie Curie!

Post 9

Yarreau

Nope, alas not.
Jackson is going to be the new star of the Spanish Riding School in Vienna! smiley - ponysmiley - starsmiley - magic

Thanks, Marie Curie!

Post 10

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Great news! *brings in a basket of mufflewhumps*

Thanks, Marie Curie!

Post 11

Willem

That's splendid news, congrats Mala!

Thanks, Marie Curie!

Post 12

Thanks. I'm just glad I can take you lot with me - it's great to have friends who live in the internet!

Thanks, Marie Curie!

Post 13

Yelbakk

How cool is that? Good job, Mala. If there is anything to be learned from this: look throuh your spam, and never uninstall skype smiley - winkeye

Enjoy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH89u_6G83w

Thanks, Marie Curie!

Post 14

ITIWBS

Wonderful to hear, Malabrista!smiley - zen

Thanks, Marie Curie!

Post 15

dragonqueen - eternally free and forever untamed - insomniac extraordinaire - proprietrix of a bullwhip, badger button and (partly) of a thoroughly used sub with a purple collar. Matron of Honour.

Congrats! smiley - applausesmiley - discosmiley - bubblysmiley - chocsmiley - cake

smiley - dragon

Thanks, Marie Curie!

Post 16

SashaQ - happysad

Congratulations!

It does get depressing, jobhunting and getting rejection after rejection, but there are jobs out there for us eventually - congratulations on finding yours, and it sounds great!

smiley - magicsmiley - bubblysmiley - biggrin

Thanks, Marie Curie!

Post 17

Off to Vienna in the morning. Getting more and more frazzled by the minute. Argh!

Thanks, Marie Curie!

Post 18

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

smiley - goodluck! Bon voage.

Thanks, Marie Curie!

Post 19

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - goodluck

Thanks, Marie Curie!

Post 20

Nosebagbadger {Ace}

Congrats, remember your lance so you can go jousting!

Key: Complain about this post