A Conversation for Loughborough, UK

It's all true!

Post 1

Fat Mammoth

Well, almost entirely true. I mean, the university isn't THAT nice.

It's not all true!

Post 2

Papa Lazarous

Loughborough has many wonderful things going for it.

The first package holiday in the world began in Loughborough. Thomas Cook rented a charabanc to take several residents to Leicester for the weekend.

It also has a very nice pub called the Three Nuns, offlicenses that sell beer well after 11, and a record shop called the Left Legged Pineapple. Can any other town say the same?

It's not all true!

Post 3

Fat Mammoth

It also has a statue of a fat man wearing nothing but a sock, so? It's not a lot to shout about.

Besides, Leicester has a pub called the friar tuck and a pub called the pineapple, (which you may or may not have been too, depends on your orientation) so? It's still a pretty lame place.

Bar Europa

Post 4

user X

I would be a lot more comfortablein Loughborough if I knew whether Bar Europa is a gay bar or not. My friends and I have been in, sampled the coctails and admired the decor, but none of us had the guts to stand up and question the orientation of the place.

(I seriously doubt there is a large enough gay population in Loughborough to support a gay only bar, but it would be nice to know if it is gay or not)

Bar Europa

Post 5

Loquacity

You may feel safe in Bar Europa. Just don't go into Rickenbacker's on a Tuesday night because it becomes Rickencampers.

It's not all true!

Post 6

Saint Acolyte Hezher - P. S. of Chocoholics, Keeper of Chocolate, muse of death by chocolate, Seraph of death by chocolate

Loughborough! wonderful! merits! Never did I think I'd hear those words together! Have any of you actually tried living here?

It's not all true! (2)

Post 7

breazecatcher

Loughborough was the DESTINATION for Mr Cook's first package tour. Clearly he believed the place had something going for it.

http://www.thomascook.info/tck/de/en/tcw/0,2773,0-0-400493,00.html

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Loughborough, UK

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more