This is the Message Centre for cactuscafe

Daydream Journal

Post 3441

ITIWBS

Hot afternoon, tall with tiny ice crystals floating in it.

Daydream Journal

Post 3442

cactuscafe

Oh really?? About the lemon balm?? Ohmigod!Thanks for the tip! So it's like mint, then? Perhaps it's related.That's funny, so it's supposed to cure anxiety, but it'll take over the garden.

Now I'll have visions of lemon balm spreading all down the road, into the neighbours' gardens and then getting on the bus into the city centre. Lemon balm in the department stores, lemon balm seen in city centre coffee shops. All all because of me. smiley - rofl Armies of computerised robot gardeners in pursuit.

Fortunately I'm planting everything in pots, nothing in the ground. We've decided to forget the ground. smiley - rofl. We're strictly urban yard. So I'll put it in its own pot, like the mint.

smiley - coffee

I love these pictures of your day, ITIWBS.

Mmmm that milkshake sounds good. When the posting first appeared on my screen, the didn't, so I saw the pattern of a hot afternoon as a tall liquid beautiful sculpture, with tiny ice crystals floating in it.

Which appealed to me greatly, as my senses take any chance to break out abstract musical patterns, when I let them, which not even lemon balm can cure. smiley - rofl

Damn, now my day has become a beautiful grey blue, punctuated with terracotta and burnt orange veins of harmony. And I'm only on my first coffee. smiley - coffee

I thought there was a milkshake smiley. I've been searching the smiley bar. smiley - emptysmiley - milksmiley - ojsmiley - cappuccinosmiley - stoutsmiley - stiffdrink Now I'm really thirsty. smiley - rofl

Good to have the time to go to the smiley bar again.

Daydream Journal

Post 3443

ITIWBS

I'd thought there was a milkshake smiley too, with whipped cream and a cherry on top.smiley - smiley

Daydream Journal

Post 3444

aka Bel - A87832164

There's this one smiley - strawberries

Daydream Journal

Post 3445

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

Hey Daydreamers! Are you all on vacation? If so, send your best snapshot's to smiley - thepost and nab a badge from Create as well for July. Have a good time. smiley - cheers

Daydream Journal

Post 3446

cactuscafe

smiley - strawberry Hulloo! I was thinking of slinking in here today, and lo! I just did. Think a slink.

Been busy establishing routines in our new life, and then falling asleep at 8.30 in the evening, to sleep the sleep of an old lady recovering from a house move. haha. smiley - rofl. Happy old lady though.

In fact, I'm now finding the time to sit in the yard and write synth loops to the planes and the breeze, and drink mint tea (picking the leaves from my own mint plantation of course.)

Need a mint smiley. hmm. Not mint to be.

Herbs growing well. The curry plant smells like curry. I need a mango chutney plant, to go with it. smiley - rofl.

What's the curry plant? I hear you ask.

Well, our painter decorator gave me a cutting of a curry plant. It has a real name, a Latin name.

smiley - redwine

There's this pedestrian crossing in town, beside the department store, near the dentist, near the wholefood shop, that involves such a long wait for the walk-now green man, I have been creating my finest works there, in my head, while I wait.

Chapter One. The walk-now green man is a friend of mine. Some say he comes from elsewhere, he has that alien atmosphere, not because he's green, but because he's the walk-now green man, and that's a strange name with an alien charisma.

I met him at a party once, way back. He wasn't looking green at all. He looked like an ordinary guy at an ordinary party.

This could be a good time to end Chapter One. Chapter Two might have more potential.

smiley - redwine

Yes, well my photography is waiting patiently for attention. I saw a book by Ansel Adams today in the window of the charity shop, entitled The Negative. The curious black and white images made me fizzy dizzy with inspiration.

And yes! And smiley - football and smiley - redwine and yeep! and bleep! and sleep!

Daydream Journal

Post 3447

Willem

Hi Cactuscafé! Good to see you here again. Can you give me the Latin name of that curry plant perhaps?

Over here, I am now deeply involved in the local bird club! Went on a few outings, on every one of them saw some nice vultures! Cape vultures, Whitebacked vultures, and one Lappetfaced vulture.

Daydream Journal

Post 3448

cactuscafe

Hullo Willem! smiley - kiss

Good to speak with you again! I love the sound of your bird club! Imagine seeing all those vultures, that's amazing!

Now, let's see, my curry plant .. search search ...

Here 'tis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helichrysum_italicum

The Helichrysum Italicum. Blimey, looks like it grows into a massive bush. smiley - rofl Mine is just a twig at the moment, with a yellow flower. And it's in a pot. So it won't spread. It does smell like curry though. Ooops, I see that kitties don't like it. smiley - cat There was a very friendly cat smiley - cat which used to visit the yard when we first moved in, now it has disappeared. No wonder. Have to go apologise to the neighbour.

smiley - redwine

What about a man cave then, Willem? Have you ever had a man cave in your house? I never heard of the term before. I was just watching this property programme on TV, and this guy was wanting to make a perfect man cave in his new house.

Man cave??? How long has this expression been around? Is that what used to be called a den?

What about us gals? Is there a woman cave?

Wait a minute ... search search ...

Woman cave!! It exists. Hmm.

So, technically, I have a woman cave in our new house. It's my studio, I don't think I can bring myself to call it a woman cave. smiley - rofl. There's all my synths and a TV and a bed and a kettle and a desk. It's a sanctuary. My den, my dive.

smiley - football

Germany Brazil playing right now. smiley - football. Big match. I'm watching it in my woman cave. smiley - football

Daydream Journal

Post 3449

cactuscafe

Goaaaal to Germany! Bel will be dancing in her woman cave.

smiley - football OK I think I'll shut up now and watch the game.

Daydream Journal

Post 3450

Willem

Heh, I have the entire house to myself so the whole thing must be a man cave!

Daydream Journal

Post 3451

cactuscafe

heheh, yes, man cave deluxe. smiley - rofl.

With en suite and mini bar.

I appreciate having a den of my own these days, after all the years packed in with other humans, in various community contexts, although I still prefer to write in situations with people around, like at a cafe table.

Virginia Woolf's essay, A Room Of One's Own, wouldn't sound so good if it was entitled A Woman Cave Of One's Own. smiley - rofl.

Daydream Journal

Post 3452

Peanut

Hello everyone smiley - kiss

It always lovely to see postings on the daydream thread. I have drifted away somewhat, not that I am ever going to leave h2g2 or anything, it will always have a place in my heart just not the place that it did smiley - petunias

Haven't seen MVP around for ages, hope all is well smiley - hug

Perculiar smiley - tea and much love

Peanut smiley - peacesign

Daydream Journal

Post 3453

cactuscafe

Hullo luv! smiley - kiss And Perculiar smiley - tea and petunias smiley - petunias and glory things to you. smiley - petunias

I've drifted a bit also, been soooo busy with the move, then busy recovering from the move. smiley - rofl.

I think it's natural for people to drift. A lot of the old crowd seem to have moved on from hootoo, and from this thread, and that's the way goes with communities, life branches out in different directions, new roads. That's good I think. Even though I love everyone very much. smiley - kisssmiley - love

I have no idea if I'm drifting, shifting or being uplifting. smiley - rofl. Or anything else that rhymes with drifting. I'll see what happens.

Yes! And tea! smiley - tea And Perculiar Petunias. smiley - petunias

Daydream Journal

Post 3454

U14993989

>> life branches out in different directions, new roads <<

... but there is danger in them new roads goes the Hedgehogs refrain: better to hedge towards the undergrowth of destiny - have no truck with the asphalt of doom, for thereon all become one with the horror-zontal.

Daydream Journal

Post 3455

minorvogonpoet

Hello, sorry I haven't been around for a while. Maybe I'm drifting too. We seem to be gallivanting more now my husband's retired.

We went to Scotland to see our son getting his PhD, and we booked a cabin in the forest of Strathyre. Despite my theory that it would rain all the time, the weather was good enough for us to climb a genuine mountain - Ben Vorlich. I was glad to discover that we smiley - senior are still capable of mountain walking.

Then I went on a poetry weekend in a place called Launde Abbey, which is a beautiful manor house in Leicestershire. It's mainly used for retreats, so it was full of people doing Holy Listening. I like the idea of holy listening.

I'm glad you're settling in your new place cc, and are filling your yard with mint and lemon balm and curry plants. I have a pot of mint on my patio, but the chives grow in the cracks beween paving stones.

And Willem's been vulture watching. No vultures here in the UK - we get red kites instead and the best place to see red kites seems to be the M40 motorway. Perhaps they eat road kill.

Daydream Journal

Post 3456

U14993989

We went to Scotland to see our son getting his PhD smiley - magicsmiley - applausesmiley - starsmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - pggb

Not in the subject of a certain form of poetry smiley - cheers

Daydream Journal

Post 3457

cactuscafe

Hullo dear ones, smiley - kisssmiley - kiss drifters and holy listeners (I love that also!) and proud parents and poets and mountain climbers and gallivanters all.

and what??? (reading SA's post here smiley - rofl), yes! all grows greenly green in the undergrowth of destiny, smiley - huh, and oh no! the horror-zontal! I remember everything.

Everything! (clutches brow).

What??

Drifters return and make me crazy. In a good way. smiley - rofl.

Congrats to all the PhD kids!!

And ...

Back in a bittie

Daydream Journal

Post 3458

cactuscafe

The other almost-interesting thing in my life right now is our sundial. In the yard. Next to the pot with the mint.

I have always had a thing about sundials, my grandparents had one, I remember it from childhood.

smiley - redwine

We found a dinky little dial at the garden centre, tucked away with the statues of Buddha and the stone frogs and pixies and dogs. I wanted to buy a miniature stone doggie and a pixie with funny ears and a disconcerting smile, but I wasn't allowed. I was allowed some stone mushrooms though. I'll go on about them another time. smiley - rofl.

I think our dial is based on a Dutch sundial, it really works!! Holy shadows, that shadow! Our sundial tells the time.

Perhaps I could take photos of it and send it to smiley - thepost or Create or something. It could be my July travel piece. Travels around a sundial. This is the dial at one o clock, this is the dial at two o clock.....

smiley - redwine

You think I'm kidding. smiley - rofl

Oh, you don't. smiley - rofl

Daydream Journal

Post 3459

cactuscafe

Yooby dooby I just did my photoshoot! The story of a move. Duh. Sounds boring I know, not exactly exotic lands, but it came out great. smiley - rofl. In my own funny way. Yes, it includes the sundial, and some other things. Including a hat stand totem pole. And a grinning stone elf. No! No! I have no elf.

I'm really happy to finally have the time for an attempted hootoo contribution.

I've emailed Post/Create over on the other side, because I forgot everything. Not sure if I can make the final cut, but I'll try.

Or else, I'll email as postcards to Peanut and other drifters, heheh. I wish I could put photos here in my journal.

smiley - coffee

I once spent an entire train journey sitting with this group of people I had never met, looking at their wedding photos. Someone else's family. Very interesting. smiley - rofl.

I could be like that, perhaps lucky I can't post photos here ....

Here's my Aunty Rose, at my cousin's wedding. She'd had too much bubbly smiley - bubbly and she thought she had become a tiny blue rabbit.

This is me at the reception, dancing on the table. See the tiny blue rabbit there dancing beside me. What???

Daydream Journal

Post 3460

U14993989

>> I have always had a thing about sundials, my grandparents had one, I remember it from childhood. <<

Reckon this is the story to write ... add it to the Memoires under Sundials of my Childhood.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for cactuscafe

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more