This is the Message Centre for Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

Subbing The Super Mario Game Series

Post 1

Bluebottle

A87883681 The Super Mario Games Series

Hello - just letting you know that I'll be subbing this, so please subscribe.

<BB<

Post 2

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

smiley - cool Thanks!

Post 3

Bluebottle

I've started making a couple of tweaks – the main ones are I've started putting game titles in italics and added the Project-style header to link to other entries in the series. Let me know what you think.

I'll carry on tomorrow.

<BB<

Post 4

Bluebottle

Can I ask what you mean by 'and unfortunately the camera, which has to be controlled by the player and does not adjust itself correctly at all times.' It seems a little unclear to me.

<BB<

Post 5

Well, in most games the camera or viewpoint is fixed at some place behind the character. In this game the camera does not stay fixed behind Mario. It does not turn automatically when Mario turns, but the player has to adjust the camera by hand/with buttons. This adds an extra difficulty because you have to adjust the viewpoint at the same time as you control Mario.

I played only the first level or so of the game and then decided I don't like it. But there are reports in online forums about the camera showing stuff in weird angles or Mario not being in the picture at all for a second or you don't see where you are going. People fail at levels because of this and many are very frustrated.

Post 6

Bluebottle

Okay, I've added some more information to that bit using what you have said above as a guide.smiley - smiley
I've also made a few minor tweaks, and added a footnote to say that 'jump-and-run' games are also called Platform games.

Would you like to have a thorough read-through and let me know if you're happy with the changes I've made or if there's any other last-minute adjustments you'd like?

<BB<

Post 7

Bluebottle

Have you had a chance yet?

<BB<

Post 8

I'm on it.

So far I noticed:

In the Gameplay section at the end of the 4th and beginning of the 5th paragraph I seem to have used 'usually' wuite a lot. A teacher would probably mark that red. Not sure if there is a solution for this.

New Super Mario Bros.
last paragraph, 2nd sentence 'fiveR repeating levels'

And I noticed that there is now a new game: Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS
It seems to be basically like the one for Wii U, with some items removed and others added and some new pre-installed levels, as far as I understood.

Post 9

Bluebottle

I've made tweaks – see what you think of the Gameplay bit now. smiley - smiley

There's always going to be another game out. If you want to write something for me to include at the end about Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS I'm happy to include it. I've heard there's a 'Super Mario Run' phone game either out or coming out? That said, there'll always be another game coming out every now and then.

<BB<

Post 10

smiley - cheers Thanks!

I wouldn't count the smartphone gamme to the main series. As far as I understand Mario moves on his own and the player just jumps.

Anyway, a short paragraph for the MArio Maker Game

Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS

Released: 2016
Platform: 3DS

This game is basically the same as Super Mario Maker for WiiU, with some removed and some added items. Most of the stages created on the WiiU are also compatible with the 3DS version. Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS also includes 100 new pre-installed levels. Players can share and edit their levels together on different 3DS consoles.

... I think there's not more to say about this, so I'd rather add it now than make an Update later.

Post 11

Bluebottle

I've added that - do you want to check that I've put it in the right place?

<BB<

Post 12

It's at the right place, thank you. smiley - smiley

Post 13

Bluebottle

Any other comments, or can I push the button to send it on its way?

<BB<

Post 14

I think it's fine.smiley - smiley Thanks for subbing!

Post 15

Bluebottle

Thanks – button pressed! smiley - ok

<BB<

Post 16

h2g2 Guide Editors

Congratulations! Your Entry is on the Front Page today smiley - magic

Post 17