This is the Message Centre for Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

Well now, should I or should I not?

Post 1

Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

It would seem that I am now unemployable. A silly pump thing in my chest has decided to go wonky, and a cardiologist figures work is a pretty quick road to suicide. Not one that I care to take.

So, now living on a pair of little pensions earned over 37 years of working, and an income from an insurance plan - not a penny given by government supports or hand-outs, I might add - I have many hours on my hands.

Hmmmm ...

Post 2

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

The answer to your question is a firm maybesmiley - tongueout

Post 3

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Not the best way to have to leave the ranks of the working classes, but my brother was in a similar situation and has managed to adapt to a new lifestyle. I hope you will be able to do the same!

smiley - pirate

Post 4

I certainly cannot complain, I have been far luckier than a lot of folks. When I left the military (1st retirement) in February of '98, I walked away with a lifetime pension. It is small, but will finally see "indexing" in another 5 years. And then when contracts fell apart, I officially retired (2nd retirement) from a company of 13.5 years in October of '11, I received a lifetime pension (very small, I was a decade early of full rates) and also lifetime medical, dental, vision care and pharmaceutical benefits.

This ending in May of '14, (3rd retirement, 3rd time is the charm?), I find that I am eligible for long term disability benefits from insurance, nearly equal to what I was last earning. It will only run to age 65, but by then, my military pension should have grown by nearly 50% and I will already have been collecting the national pension plan (reduced rates) for 5 years.

So while I will never be rolling in the money, basic needs ought to be met without having to beg or scrounge. The son of a postie that I know, medically ousted from work too and about the same time as me. He qualified for the same 15 weeks of Employment Insurance, and then is entirely on his own.

Removed

Post 5

This post has been removed.

Removed

Post 6

And there we have it. My decision has been made for me.

Cheers and good luck.

Removed

Post 7

Oh wow, even my description of health and financial circumstances is now zapped. From over a week ago. Yeah, definitely not a site to bother with.

Once more, cheers and good luck.

Removed

Post 8

Que smiley - huh Far as I can see only one posting is hidden atm

smiley - pirate

Removed

Post 9

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Same heresmiley - huh

Removed

Post 10

Post #4 was removed for 10 or 12 hours. I can guess that a few words were considered possible to offend some. THAT is how tightly I am 'watched'.

Removed

Post 11

Yeah, well, earlier today I was forced to misspell basterds to get a point across smiley - laugh

smiley - pirate

Removed

Post 12

There is atleast one amusing bit ... The effects of Brunel still work well on Personal Spaces and also the INFO page of old.

And 9 times out of 10 that I decide to take a glance, the "eyes" are open. And it certainly isn't because people found this space from any interesting entries. smiley - winkeye

Removed

Post 13

I just thought of a good way to make a come-back ... An introduction, and maybe FIVE sparse recipes from my Prussian heritage that still go on. A Uni project!

Removed

Post 14

matodemi

I am looking forward to the recipes... :D

Removed

Post 15

The first trick would be correct spellings, of course. The foods are pretty basic, always simple, but also always filling.

Removed

Post 16

Any smiley - choc and/or smiley - stiffdrink in them? smiley - bigeyes

smiley - pirate

Removed

Post 17

I seem to recall one stew that benefits from some ale, and a certain dark Christmas cake that really does well with the brandy.

Removed

Post 18

Well then, what are you waiting for? Bring it on! smiley - drool

smiley - pirate

Post 19

Well you know, getting ideas organized in the head, the wordings, it would require a sub-Ed that knows the current format and shaping, ... It might take a couple of days to assemble.

Not like one that I sub-sub-edited, that was a seriously thought out and worked out affair. And such a lovely compilation when done. It included photos from the author, making it all very sharp

Post 20

That's okay, because actually I'm in no hurry. Can't have alcohol till Friday at the earliest anyway smiley - biggrin

smiley - pirate

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more