This is the Message Centre for Post Team

Woodwork

Post 1

Cool Old Guy (ex-SockPuppet) Trying not to post for the next 200 days !

Cool old Guy smiley - cogs somewhere else
"Perhaps replace the Beep t.gif for a f_space.gif like the cogs in the nighthoover? "

Woodwork

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

I'm sorry. smiley - erm Nobody here understands that. Not even the chickens.

Could you explain what you meant in transatlantic English, please, sir? smiley - grovel

I have no idea who or what is going 'beep', nor to what gifs you refer. But I spend a lot of time in cryonic suspension...

If this is something in the Post's purview, it will be considered with our usual exquisite Editorial taste...smiley - whistle

Woodwork

Post 3

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit trying to work out the center 'image'
"It is dragging my systems as the images I used are not on the BBC anymore, the t.gif is a transparent single pixel dot we used as filler for the TDs. As it is not found the entire table collapses. "

Woodwork

Post 4

The light may be slowly dawning...smiley - eureka

So, are you trying to make up a table, or are you kibitzing on one that's on smiley - thepost?

If it's the latter, I don't have time to work on it right now.

And who/what/why is a filler needed for table data? You mean if it's empty?

Woodwork

Post 5

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time no the cart in "I used the image to stretch and shape the bordered cells of the Table. When you mentioned to publish 'later' I supposed much later perhaps even with some time for me to get to know the current systems to find a compatible pixel Ah, this one should work " "

Woodwork

Post 6

Oh. smiley - doh You mean your article for smiley - thepost?

Consider it withheld. It gave Magwitch massive headaches today. smiley - headhurts

Do me a favour:

1. Go back and do whatever-it-is you need to do to your tables, etc. Fiddle like Rome was burning.

2. Make sure there is NO USE of the dreaded '--' in there. If you need dashes, use – We mean this.

3. When you're ALL READY, copy the thing, GUIDEML and all, into a Notepad or Word doc. Email this to postteamhg-AT-gmail-DOT-com. That way, we'll know to publish it, and everybody can reach it. smiley - smiley

And thank you for explaining. I taught English as Second Language for many years, and even if I couldn't speak the learner's language, we'd usually figure it out in the end. smiley - winkeye

Woodwork

Post 7

Cool old Guy smiley - cogs shifting down
"smiley - sorry and smiley - dontpanic, well I did a little. smiley - blush

As I do not hide, I live on the t<./>info</.>il, and see any entry (well most) beeing published. Noticing my systems grinding with the missing graphical element I did indeed panic a little. Not only will the BBC (Beep) have some objections also our servers will get stressed up. (What the servers use is a language I do fully comprehend smiley - winkeye.)

It will take me some real time to figure out what Pliny requires before I dare to publish TiTart in The Post. I was actually concidering taking some photos for the project. smiley - zen

Posting without functional preview (in Pliny) simultaneus testing the Entry on several browsers to find out what went wrong and how to fix it. As well as hiding a little what I was on about does no good for my third tongue smiley - weird

Wait for some mail, then we can continue this conversation. smiley - cheers "

Woodwork

Post 8

smiley - ok No problem. And don't panic. smiley - winkeye

Woodwork

Post 9

Cool old Guy smiley - cogs sorry for peeking
"Found a familar story, read it before as a Journal smiley - winkeye
Tickers:
There is a stray end of paragraph (just over half the page)

twice

Was few days back searching for burners related to some entry I was working on. This story dropped into the results for some reason smiley - magic. "

Woodwork

Post 10

smiley - boingsmiley - sorry for interrupting

Key: Complain about this post