The best artwork at home is the changeing view from the lounge windows

What art do you have in your home?

Post 22

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

smiley - laugh

Post 23

Mol - on the new tablet

A lot of our pictures have been packed away for nearly a year as we expected to start decorating and then life got in the way. They should all be back on display by this time next year.

Mostly we have my grandad's oil paintings (mainly landscapes), including the miniature ones he did for my doll's house. Here's one of his paintings I *don't* have:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/arts/yourpaintings/artists/r-h-brown

It's not his best. He was pretty good at portraits but this one shows his own grandfather and I'm not sure what picture my own grandad was working from. His landscapes are lovely, he was particularly good with buildings and trees. I'm biased because I grew up with them but there's one in particular, of a Wiltshire lane just at the turn of the summer, with two ladies in the distance stopping for a chat, which I love.

We also have embroideries for our wedding and the birth of each child, stiched by my mother-in-law.

Aerial photo of the village and a framed OS map showing the village at the centre. Osh has maps up in his room instead of posters - maps of invented places in computer games.

Some artwork by the children, an Escher picture, a picture from Russia made from different sorts of wood (like a collage I suppose). A painting of Oxford Road, Manchester.

In the office I have 'Go placidly' (wise words), the Guide promise, and a framed print of the original cover for 'The School at the Chalet'.

And in the kitchen ... one whole wall is splatter-painted in wide bands of colour through the spectrum. The children and I did it with tester pots and cheap toothbrushes - it was Nod's idea - and it looks *fabulous*. So we consider the whole wall to be a work of art.

Mol

Post 24

Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

I don't know if the current h2g2 will allow such an external link, but if it does - these are the paintings of my friend's Mum

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ml2xkxlqyk7hjez/AABz58kFv296IpZVpCIBF6mKa?dl=0

Post 25

Cheerful Dragon

We have a limited edition print of elephants by David Shepherd and another of a snow leopard (my favourite big cat). We have some cheap prints of French chateaux that remind us of our honeymoon, but they're necessarily what you'd call art. I also have a print of a dragon by M C Escher (love his work).

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more