A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Returning items

Post 1

winnoch2 - Impostair Syndromair Extraordinaire

Does anyone know if there is any limit to how many times I can return goods to the large online shopping empire which started out selling books and is named after a rainforest?

Reason I ask is because I can't think of anywhere else where I can get access to such a wide variety of mouse types, from tracker balls to ergonomic mice and graphic tablets. I'm trying to find a mouse alternative that I'm comfortable with and in an ideal world I'd be able to try before I buy in a shop... But this does not seem possible these days smiley - erm With some mouses costing upwards of £100, I really don't want to be stuck with something I don't like.

In the past i've hung onto unsuitable items but I'm fast gaining a rather large and useless mouse collection smiley - weird. So far, i've returned one trackball mouse in exchange for another, but I'm also unhappy with this one and want to swap it to try another one. No problem do you think? (can't find this dilema in their FAQ)

Returning items

Post 2

bobstafford

I thought with a genuine reason there is no limits apart from the retailers patients

Returning items

Post 3

It'll be different retailers under in their 'marketplace', so that shouldn't be an issue smiley - smiley

Returning items

Post 4

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

If I may make a suggestion:

I got my mouse as a birthday present and I've never had one as good as that one. It's a Mad Catz R.A.T. ( http://madcatz.com/products/mouse/ ). Don't let yourself be driven away by the term 'gaming mouse', the great thing is that it's size is absolutely customizeable to fit perfectly to your hand. You can make it longer, shorter, wider, smaller, even adjust the weight. And it comes with several exchangeable parts. Of course it is also programmable, but that's just an extra.

Returning items

Post 5

Wow, they look, um, weird! Will maybe give one a go; any particular model you would recommend? I use computers a lot, but I have never ever been able to find a mouse that doesn't give me strain of some sort after extended use. It's almost like we didn't evolve hands to use computers smiley - weird

Returning items

Post 6

Cool Old Guy (ex-SockPuppet) Trying not to post for the next 200 days !

Cool old Guy smiley - cogs checking his smiley - mousesmiley - mouse
"I think as long as you only try one at the time you should be able to keep below the radar.

I wonder do these optical mice ever break down?
I have a crate full of ball mice, all more or less defect. The mice hoovering on their red light seem to be unbreakable."

Returning items

Post 7

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

smiley - laugh I know what you mean.

Yes, tehy do look weird and I was quite sceptical about trying it at first, but they really are good.

Mine is a R.A.T.7 (about 80 Euros). It came with 3 different parts for the palm, each with a different curve, one with rubber for more grip, and they can all be extended so the mouse as a whole is longer. There are also optional thingyummies to rest your thumb and pinkie. These can also be extended to the sides to make the mouse more wide or more slim.
There are also five weight discs which can be put in our ut of the center of the mouse.

http://blog.ldlc.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/rat-7.jpg

Returning items

Post 8

bobstafford

Optical mouse is very tough with care years of use and the cordless version is even bettersmiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post