A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Any good April Fool jokes?

Post 1

Cheerful Dragon

Just wondering if anyone has seen or been subjected to any good April Fool jokes/pranks. Here's one I received by email:

Learn to speak dog with Rosetta Stone. Rosetta Stone Dog will change the way humans interact with dogs forever!

Post 2

bobstafford

The green party

Post 3

SashaQ - happysad

This one A87851343smiley - tardissmiley - laugh

Post 4

Icy North

Er, I think the idea is to make them untrue. This one's the only factual one in the series.

Post 5

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - snork one... I think... but I can't link to it... due to ... its content smiley - blushsmiley - snork err... a website... selling products... and as one does I noticed a link, cliked on to it... and found.... smiley - snork world campionship results for ... people using err.. things winning events based on their use... - It took me a worringly long time to figure out it was an april fools; even the dates being years ahead, didn't click in my brain straight away smiley - snorksmiley - roflsmiley - erm err... I might add someone made me to go the website... not by my choisce.... it was... for... err... accademic research pruposes.... honest... smiley - run

Post 6

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

If Shakespeare had written instructions for the Hokey Pokey in sonnet form:

O proud left foot, that ventures quick within
Then soon upon a backward journey lithe.
Anon, once more the gesture, then begin:
Command sinistral pedestal to writhe.
Commence thou then the fervid Hokey-Poke,
A mad gyration, hips in wanton swirl.
To spin! A wilde release from Heavens yoke.
Blessed dervish! Surely canst go, girl.
The Hoke, the poke — banish now thy doubt
Verily, I say, 'tis what it's all about.

http://www.phantomranch.net/folkdanc/articles/hokey_pokey_brechlin.htm

Post 7

Cheerful Dragon

Tesco announced it was installing trampolines in the aisles between shelves so that customers could reach products on the top shelf.

Post 8

I routinely go to the cleaners & detergents aisle to get brooms or mops so I can use them to reach top shelves in other aisles.

Post 9

Icy North

One for Bluebottle:

http://www.wightlink.co.uk/pressrelease/wightlink-ferries-introduce-water-ski-crossings/

Post 10

bobstafford

For £300 per person I would want a steak dinner with several bottles of wine and a taxi to my 5 star hotel smiley - laugh

Post 11

Bluebottle

It won't be long before that's the standard price of a car day return...

<BB<

Post 12

You've heard of ice hotels? Well, there are ocean-themed hotels now, including some five starfish ones.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g51947-d648063-Reviews-Starfish_Manor_Oceanfront_Hotel-Lincoln_City_Oregon.html

Post 13

Bluebottle

Pah - see: http://www.isleofcowes.webeden.co.uk/home/4588082163

<BB<

Post 14

Isle of Couwes?

I love cows?

Dairy ask why?

Post 15

Bluebottle

They've been building a breakwater outside the towns of Cowes and East Cowes for the last year, and yesterday there was a news story that it was going to be an offshore tax haven and hotel, when in fact it is little more than a pile of rubble.

The other Isle of Wight news story was how the Island's bus service, Southern Vectis, was introducing new triple-deckers to meet increased demand.

<BB<

Post 16

bobstafford

That daft idea if it goes ahead has/will thoroughly rollocksed the unique nature of the IOW. When are the arabs going to move insmiley - erm

Post 17

bobstafford

What the island needs is a tunnel smiley - smiley

Post 18

I don' know much about Arab transportation. Are they fond of triple-decker buses?

Post 19

Icy North

Well, there's Humphrey the three-humped camel...

Post 20

You can call me TC

The BBC had a list of things which "sounded like April Fools' but were actually true."

What I would like would be a list of old April Fools that have since become true. I can remember, for example, when it used to be a joke to look at your watch to see what the date is.

OK - so there'll never be spaghetti trees, but many others surely have come true...

Key: Complain about this post