A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Online Chatterbots

Post 1

quotes

I'd like to talk to the acclaimed programme "Eugene Goostman", which by some reports passed the Turing test, but it doesn't appear to be on its website. So I tried other 'chatterbots', like 'Cleverbot', but found them unsatisfactory.

Where can I find Eugene Goostman, or a similar chatterbot?

Online Chatterbots

Post 2

Icy North

You are Eugene Goostman, and I claim my £50

Online Chatterbots

Post 3

Pink Paisley

What is your purpose in asking?

PP.

Online Chatterbots

Post 4

quotes

PP, in certain types of writing, like comedy and songwriting, it can be useful to bounce ideas off a partner; so I wondered if it would be possible to bounce ideas off a virtual partner. The chatterbots I tried were of limited use.

Online Chatterbots

Post 5

Pink Paisley

Out of badness, I entered 'Where can I find Eugene Goostman, or a similar chatterbot?' into ALICE. and 'she' came back with 'What is your purpose in asking?'.

I have never explored chatterbots before, but I'm going to now. Interestingly, asked the same thing this morning, ALICE came up with a different response 'Have you tried searching the web?', 'Yes', I said. Now ALICE thinks I'm 'Awesome'. I think I've scored..... smiley - laugh.

There are a few that are pretty good. And some that are plain hopeless.

PP.

Online Chatterbots

Post 6

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I think that you would face similar problems just about anywhere. Individual people might be unsatisfactory, as would even the bot with the highest level of artificial intelligence.

I saw "Chappie" last night. It's a film about the first robot capable of independent thought. The ending is not heartening smiley - sadface. I'm afraid you're up against a very random search that will often disappoint.

Online Chatterbots

Post 7

SashaQ - happysad

I'd not explored chatterbots before, either, but I just found some.

I had a chat with anne, which went quite well, except she was confused by my statement that steak is steak smiley - laugh And that only happened because I was confused by her statement that steak has a texture that reminded her of something else - I couldn't get her to say what else smiley - rofl

Online Chatterbots

Post 8

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Give her time. Being a bot, she probably takes a very long time to chew and digest steak. smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post