A Conversation for Ask h2g2

A perpetual question... perhaps... food!?

Post 21

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - wow

thanks all.

you... or something... or a combination has gotten some inspiration into my foggy-brain smiley - zensmiley - magic

went to veg stall today.;

got duck eggs, (hen last time, so duck for a change).

jacket spuds (really nice big ones!; enough for a good four meals I think).

cucumber.
garlic.
and blueberries and rassberries smiley - zen - aim to return in a few days, get more fruit (supprised how good the rasberies were, given the time of eyar).

its always there, so can get it as/when rahter than overbuying and letting end up in the bin smiley - grr (which I absoultely loath doing)

smiley - blush

smiley - cool

Post 22

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Potatoes, raspberries, and duck eggs. Interesting combination for a meal. smiley - winkeye

Post 23

Not as unusual as some of the things I've eaten.... maybe not 'as a meal' but in close enough proximity to each other that they may as well have been smiley - laugh

although. on the other hand; I was inspired to 'cook' the other day; bought wild, locally shot loin of red dear, which I had, medium fried, with mushrooms, sweetcorn, and a ton of very creamy, buttery mash smiley - drool one of the best meals I've probably ever cooked... and I even like presented it on the plate all proper, and managed to time the various parts to be ready at the same time... (not a easy tfet, given my foggy brain at the moment) smiley - zensmiley - zen

Have been munching on blueberries and grapes this evening smiley - zen far healthier than what I was putting away... a week or two back smiley - zen Mind... still plenty of tasty unhealthy stuff too... bacon... brie... decent sausages... pizza... smiley - laugh beer... smiley - stoutsmiley - alesmiley - laugh

Post 24

Sorry, I don't think that "bacon... brie... decent sausages... pizza... beer... stout ale" are necessarily unhealthy. There are people like my father, who has never avoided bacon or cheese, and he's 95 now. People have survived handily on sausages for centuries -- how else would they have kept meat from spoiling without refrigeration? As for pizza, just ask yourself whether Italians as a nationality usually die young. The short answer is that they live as long as pretty much anybody else, enjoying pizza and other pasta along the way. Beer has nutrients that you need when you've been seating a lot in hot weather.

The key is in getting the amounts sensible, and also getting other things that you also need. smiley - smiley

I just don't believe in being afraid of your food. Life is too short for that!

Post 25

Sorry, I meant sweating, not seating. Ale and stout have been enjoyed for centuries. No one is required to drink them, but on the other hand there doesn't seem to be any reason that your life will be drastically shortened form a few drinks now and then. There are tradeoffs with alcoholic beverages: less risk of heart disease, more risk of cancer. They might cancel each other out, and you'll end up with neither. smiley - smiley

Post 26

Oh... I don't really fear any food... certainly at the moment, I just eat whatever I fancy/want, really; but trying to increase proprtions of the fruit/beg end of things; and also balance out what I want to eat, with what I'm able to eat/cook; with my brain in total meltdown still, multitasking has suddenly become tricky, and the most stupidist easiest of things; coordinating something in the oven, with something on the stovetop, for example, can become difficult for my brain to handle smiley - doh - and, a lot of the time, I;m justtoo tired to stand, cooking, or just concentrate long enough to complete cooking a meal smiley - blush - but I can get sensible stuff done, in terms of prep; having tubs, in fridge, of already cooked pasta, for example, to make then, later, pasta salad with, etc, or, as I have at the moment; having alreayd cooked sausages, sittin in the fridge, in a tub.... so they're can be more easily/quicker turned into a meal, when required smiley - zen

just munched on grapes for final nibbles/food of the day smiley - zen

Post 27

Maria

Lasaña today.

I´ve used a very thin pasta that doesn´t need to be boiled, it saves a lot of mess and time.

Other layers are grilled slices of aubergine, meat ( it´s homemade hamburger, dressed with garlic, xerry wine and spices. I usually have a few in the freeze, very handy to prepare a soup, pasta, etc. or a proper hamburger.)

To the meat I´ve added mushrooms and grilled onion.

tomato sauce, bechamel and grated cheese . Sesame seeds on top.

I´m going to have a smiley - redwine , just one. My digestions seem fine now if I eat little several times. I can already digest fat, and alcohol.

Post 28

Oh, that sounds gorgeous... MMM... - just about to find muy first meal of the day; just showered... kinda feeling a bit nauseous, ; but, actually; yet again; I think its just hugner! smiley - laughsmiley - droolGlad to hear your getting the food back into you!; I found, on starting chemo; with everyone, and everything saying about nausea; I was getting 'scared' of eating; well... a few beers.... and anythign and everything food wise, ahve worked perfectly well so far! smiley - biggrin a bit too well; gained half a stone!!! smiley - biggrin

Post 29

I rarely make lasagna because handling hot, slippery lasagna noodles is very tricky. smiley - sadface But having them ready-made might make the process a lot easier. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post