A Conversation for Ask h2g2

A perpetual question... perhaps... food!?

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Need... ideas... food smiley - blush

easy... quick... hastle free... nut nutritious... and... really really filling smiley - laugh yeh... OK... so not exactly ... earth-shattering levels of origionality... but... need some additional new ideas, for in the kitchen... I thinks smiley - alienfrown

there are... potentially... it may seem... a limited number of weeks, that sausages, bacon and eggs, with bread and cheeses, is capible to support, and still retain sufficient interesting in eating htem < smiley - laughsmiley - flyingpig so.... wax lyrical.... lyric waxically.... waht's tickling peoples tastebuds and hunger, at the moment?:

Weather here... is still kinda cold... ish... but... not really quite still stew weather I think.... although..... but.. spring seems... so close suddenly smiley - droolsmiley - alienfrownsmiley - grovel

Post 2

Maria

Green asparragus are coming now. i grill them with a. Bit of olive oil and salt. Add a few drops of lemon juice when they are ready.

Another fast meal is a potato roasted in the microwave. Pierce it around with a fork so it doesnt explode. It takes about 5 minutes. Dress it with basil or any other herb, and olive oil, cheese...

Gazpacho is quite nutritious, easy and quick to do.

Post 3

asparagus!!!!!!! smiley - wowsmiley - drool seems..... so so long since I last had any smiley - wowsmiley - blushsmiley - drool and.... jacket spuds..... I seem to recall I used to know they existed smiley - laugh (though I confess to doing mine in micro, as you say; then cheating, and throwing in oven too, to get chrisped, just* right..... I can't help it!)

but... actually jacket spuds seem about right now too... for those evenings not too hot to look like spring might abe about... but... not so freezing... smiley - zensmiley - wowsmiley - kiss

*starts writing shopping list* smiley - biro

Post 4

Sol

Spag bol is pretty up there in our family on that sort of front. Also, chicken noodle soup. Well, that's perhaps a bit time consuming, but very easy. My recipe happens to be here: A87773962

Post 5

spag bol!!!!! smiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - drool mmm..... smiley - run s to click on linky to noodle soup smiley - drool

Post 6

Pink Paisley

But asparagus is so out of season, that it is probably coming from Peru at the moment.

PP.

Post 7

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

smiley - jester
Are ya sure it aint from Asparaguay?
smiley - silly
All dem sowt American countries are the same, eh.
Jus' like Africa. Hollywood says so, and dey'd never lie.

smiley - cheers
~jwf~

Post 8

"I eat a hot dog... and it taste real good... I eat a hot dog and it taste real good... then I watch a moovie, from hollywood ... smiley - musicalnote " smiley - laugh

secondary partitioned dessert, or supper no 3 of evening finished. I'm so healthy... smiley - snork icecream.... and half a giant bar of cadbrys fruit N nut smiley - laugh other choc manafactures, do of course exist, and indeed,most seem to be represented in some form, by the contents of my fridge smiley - snorksmiley - droolsmiley - blush

Post 9

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Here are some H2G2 searches:

http://h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/alabaster/Search?searchstring=recipe&searchtype=goosearch&dosearch=Search+h2g2
http://h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/alabaster/Search?searchstring=soup&searchtype=goosearch&dosearch=Search+h2g2
http://h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/alabaster/Search?searchstring=stew&searchtype=goosearch&dosearch=Search+h2g2
http://h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/alabaster/Search?searchstring=casserole&showapproved=1&showsubmitted=1&shownormal=1&searchtype=article&dosearch=Search+the+Guide

Post 10

bobstafford

Fruit and Nut that sounds terribly un PC 2legs cant you hear the rustling of discontent amongst the spinsters smiley - smileysmiley - winkeye

Post 11

well... yes... just a bit smiley - biggrinsmiley - blush My diet is so unhealthy.... I'm not even sure I can name five fruit and veg I've eaten in the last six months... loet alone 5 per day smiley - laughsmiley - snork Hmmm... actually... not quite true... that relaly would b eshockingly bad smiley - snorksmiley - weird

Post 12

bobstafford

Alas dear chocolate I knew so now well,
now causing such rustling of discontent,

smiley - ale

Post 13

bobstafford

Oh blast I just remember I know someone who owes the queen a gate smiley - tea

Post 14

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

Pasta in red pasta sauce with hotdogs, bacon and (if you are feeling healthy) frozen mixed vegetables.

Gammon steaks boiled potatoes and corn on the cob

Lasagne

Vegetable soup (potatoes, carrots, turnip, onions, parsnip, squash etc)

Pizza and chips

Chicken and chips

Stir fry

Pasta with cauliflower and broccoli and a cheese sauce.

(God I'm hungry now!)

Post 15

I'm pretty much always hungry. smiley - erm

I think I hear a ripe bartlett pear calling my name. smiley - bigeyessmiley - run

Post 16

No. your not hungry!;

I am hungry. smiley - laugh : seriously... I've always been... smiley - snork

"A good eater"... smiley - snork

but...

these hydrocortisone tablets smiley - laugh (well I'm assuming its them).

If I get a plate; with 4 fried eggs, 8 rashers of bacon, 8 sausages, and toast, plus butter to match; the fried mushrooms, to go with it.
I won't need a break, after eating it, before having the same again.
And again.
and again.
and... - I'm starting to get exausted by the sheer abount of food shopping and cooking smiley - laugh

Pizza! Pizza! William and I found a brillient pizza from a supermarket, and, luckily not just a supermarket near where I live; but one in the bottom of the hospital too, which we can stop via anytime if coming back from there... its so* tasty smiley - drool 12 minutes in my oven. and smiley - drool - just need to remember to keep bags of frozen chips in for that smiley - laughsmiley - blush

smiley - drool -- I'm actually considering breakfast right now... and, seriously thinking; "what's the point, of eggs, today; there is only three in the box left..." smiley - laugh hmmm.... actually.... making an omlette for breakfast, before brlunch can't do any harm can it... and I know I've got smiley - cheesesmiley - evilgrinsmiley - run

Post 17

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

Baked sweet potato is rather yummy with some feta cheese to contrast the sweetness. smiley - biggrin

Post 18

ooo! sweet potatos! smiley - drool : i used to sometimes do these baked chunky sweet potato chip type things; loads of olive oil, spices, (esp paprika if I recall, plus some chilli powder, and pepper/black pepper etc) smiley - drool done really* slowely in the oven, so they.... kinda more bake than anything... just so smiley - droolsmiley - wow thanks! smiley - biggrin

Oh.

and, I just got sent a message, on twitter this morning. from a supermarket who's following me smiley - blush seriously..... informing me; (validity of this?!); that; this week, is, apparently British pie week.... - To be honest... I don't care if they're telling the truth of lieing... I'm gona run with it... - and we pass at least two palces this afternoon that sell hot pies smiley - laughsmiley - porkpie

Post 19

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

I have a can of mushroom soup staring me in the face.
This is one of those things that I eat very rarely because
sometimes it's pure ambrosia and just what I needed, but
far too often I overheat and it gets all sticky in the pot.
smiley - erm
~jwf~

Post 20

I still have half a sweet potato in the fridge.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more