A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Inspiration via tea mug

Post 1

quotes

Along with the traditional mugs bearing Robert Indiana's 'Love' logo, I have one especially cheesy mug with 'I love you', which I use for Mrs Quote's tea on Valentine's Day. This morning, I gave my daughter a tea in our 'map of the World' mug, and offhandedly said "the world is your oyster", but had to explain what I meant by that. However, I then realised that the simple act of using that mug with the aphorism might help inspire her to realise her potential, which makes me think I should invest in a few other poignantly decorated mugs.

What other positive vibes could be transmitted means of a mug of beverage?

Inspiration via tea mug

Post 2

You can call me TC

If you use those slate ones which you can write on with chalk, you can be a new source of inspiration every single morning.

http://www.vat19.com/item/chalk-talk-chalkboard-coffee-mug

(Mind you, I'd have to write it the night before - brain not up to that sort of thing in the morning.)

Inspiration via tea mug

Post 3

quotes

Great idea, thanks, TC.
There's another called a memo mug which is dishwasher safe, I might get one of those.

Inspiration via tea mug

Post 4

Xanatic

A mug where it says on the side of it: "This mug is half full."

Inspiration via tea mug

Post 5

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

My coffee mug just says 'guinness' on it smiley - erm hang on.... yep. I've got inspiration.

Inspiration via tea mug

Post 6

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I have numerous Christmas mugs which decorate the back of my stove.

I have some "friendly Village" mugs that have pictures of covered bridges on them. I've always been fond of covered bridges smiley - pumpkin.
I also have some Pfaltzgraff Amalfi mugs, which don't have colorful scenes, but which remind me of summer views on the south coast of Italy.

l

Inspiration via tea mug

Post 7

You can call me TC

I'm sure mugs devoted to people like Emmeline Pankhurst will be an inspiration for any young girl who is just starting out in the world.

There are a plethora of them out there as one short google shows.

My favourite is:

http://www.zazzle.com.au/womens_suffragette_magazine_gift_mug_2-168448910843783383

Inspiration via tea mug

Post 8

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

The mug is the one holding this object.

Have you tried here?

http://www.shotdeadinthehead.com/nsearch?keywords=The+Poke&utm_source=TP%5FEP%5FSD%5FHP&utm_medium=LN&utm_content=MP&utm_campaign=TP%20Shop%20Button%20Top%20Nav&pushnav=menu

MMF

smiley - musicalnote

Inspiration via tea mug

Post 9

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

I used to have one of these, from back in the '60's.

http://www.alleewillis.com/blog/2009/04/30/allee-willis-kitsch-o-the-day-half-a-cup-of-coffee/

MMF

smiley - musicalnote

Inspiration via tea mug

Post 10

Florida Sailor All is well with the world

smiley - rofl

In a strange coincidence I purchased a couple dozen cheap trinkets for my wife and neighbours in a tourist shop off Piccadilly Circus on my last night in London. I found a half size copy of the 'half cup' mounted as a refrigerator magnet, which I included in my collection. When I got home, my wife had a few small 'welcome home' gag gifts for me - including a full size 'half a cup'. It is laying at the side of my desk as I type. It is the brown and cream style in the centre back row of the photo.

smiley - cheers

F smiley - dolphin S

Inspiration via tea mug

Post 11

Pink Paisley

I rather like the suffragette mug. I've always been fond of Art Nouveau (thanks Athena).

Interesting that Suffragette Weekly used a highly stylised art form (I know it was very fashionable at that time) which often projected women erotically. The mug image portrays the subject in what might now be considered 'gamer erotic' armour with a trim waist and long exposed neck.

Inspirational though.

PP.

Inspiration via tea mug

Post 12

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

Mine just says 'The Boss'.

smiley - winkeye

Inspiration via tea mug

Post 13

Teasswill

I just wish I had a mug that nobody else uses. I always put 'mine' at the back of the cupboard.

Inspiration via tea mug

Post 14

I make tyypos so regularly that the errorists are way ahead of me smiley - sadface.

Inspiration via tea mug

Post 15

Deb

I have a mug covered in hearts at work. You'd think in an office full of 1) logo mugs from various suppliers and 2) men my mug would be safe. But I have to hide it every night otherwise one particular guy will use it before I arrive the next morning.

I love the Schrodinger's Cat mug in MMF's link: http://www.shotdeadinthehead.com/schrodinger-dead-alive-mug.html

Deb smiley - cheerup

Inspiration via tea mug

Post 16

When the stock market crashes, does Schrodinger's Cat do a dead cat bounce? smiley - winkeye

Inspiration via tea mug

Post 17

Bald Bloke

Depends...

Inspiration via tea mug

Post 18

Queen's China had a great bone china pattern called "Cut for Cards." I have a few mugs in that pattern. Spaced around the sides of the mug are the Jack of Diamonds, the 7 of hearts, the Queen of Clubs, the 10 of Diamonds, and the King of Spades. I also have a shamrock mug and a Lenox Christmas mug with Santa on it. Then there's a mostly green mug with a black Scotty dog on it.

Inspiration via tea mug

Post 19

Rod

There's one here, left behind by No.1 Son:

Please don't interrupt me while I'm ignoring you

Inspiration via tea mug

Post 20

smiley - laugh

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more