A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Weekly rituals

Post 1

KB

Do you have any weekly rituals? The Sunday roast, fish on a Friday, dominoes on a Thursday evening or pogo stick classes on a Tuesday morning?

Weekly rituals

Post 2

Sho - employed again!

Friday Traditional Lunch with 2 workmates. we take it in turns to pay and always have a small beer

Weekly rituals

Post 3

Maria

There used to be a ritual on Fridays.... I enjoyed some beers quietly at home, but since my daughter become a teenager, when that happened?, that ritual has changed quite a bit. A bit of yelling, phoning, not answer, yelling...

My everyday ritual is to arrive early at workplace, prepare the classroom: light, heat, plants watered, if needed, baby perfum sprayed... and prepare a cup of coffee that I drink slowly, waiting for them to arrive.

You may think that´s not a ritual, just to get ready to start work, but... this work really needs a conscious ritual to face the little beasts.

Weekly rituals

Post 4

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Well, I like to swim on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

I drive out to my father's on Thursdays and Sundays to make sure he is eating well.

Sunday morning is my time to read the Sunday paper, do the crossword, and read he funnies.

Weekly rituals

Post 5

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Sunday is housework, laundry, and of course, smiley - zen folding smiley - zensmiley - erm

Weekly rituals

Post 6

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Why can't the fowl fold themselves?

Wait, you probably meant towels. Never mind! smiley - blush

Weekly rituals

Post 7

bobstafford

chicken lasagne smiley - cool

Weekly rituals

Post 8

Pink Paisley

Saturday morning visit to Waitrose as it opens. Certainly buy bacon. Probably buy Beer just to make sure that I have spent £10 so I get my Saturday paper thrown in for free.

PP.

Weekly rituals

Post 9

bobstafford

Cant beat Waitrose for that feel good factorsmiley - biggrin

Weekly rituals

Post 10

Teasswill

There are lots of things I do on a weekly basis, but I wouldn't call them rituals - routine perhaps, especially cleaning, attending classes etc. Even the Sunday roast occasionally gets shifted to a different day.

Key: Complain about this post