A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Guilty Pleasures

Post 21

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - snork No! Just plugged it in... turned it on... worked for a few seconds.... then exploded..... no flames though, this time, which was a little disapointing.... I think the filter gets clogged after a while, and it overheats.... smiley - doh

Guilty Pleasures

Post 22

bobstafford

Badgers tend to clog filters unruly creatures in the bedroom it has been saidsmiley - smiley

Guilty Pleasures

Post 23

Its definately the hairdryers faults!; they al explode, electricute me, or burst in to flames, eventually! this is... err, about the fifth or sixth, in... err... a decade or so smiley - laugh me and electrical things don't alwayhs get on smiley - laughsmiley - snork

Guilty Pleasures

Post 24

bobstafford

Sorry for the delay just checking which planet I am on smiley - laugh

Guilty Pleasures

Post 25

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Toast is so wholesome that enjoying it doesn't seem like a *guilty* pleasure to me. Bubble baths and long hot showers likewise. I always thought that guilty pleasures were those things that people might disapprove of it they knew about them. Drinking until you black out, or smoking in bed, though those are admittedly extreme examples, and so unsafe that disapproval would be extreme.....

Enjoying very outdated things that are not yet retro would be guilty, to my way of thinking. smiley - smiley Being a slob, but with no serious health consequences likewise. Odd combinations of foods -- ketchup on cottage cheese, mayonnaise on potato chips, peanut butter in spaghetti sauce -- would be guilty pleasures if you enjoyed them. [And if you didn't enjoy them, they would not be pleasures. smiley - erm]

Guilty Pleasures

Post 26

Bluebottle

Like how I prefer to have roast dinners with salad cream rather than gravy?

<BB<

Guilty Pleasures

Post 27

Phoenician Trader

>>mayonnaise on potato chips<<

There goes half of northern Europe sailing away on a guilt trip.

smiley - lighthouse

Guilty Pleasures

Post 28

Mayo on chips smiley - drool so much betterer than ketchup smiley - yuk Mind... sometimes there is soemthing to be said for a bit of HP.... depends, really on what one is having ones chips/potato chips, with.... steak N kidney pie = HP sauce, with a smiley - burger probably mayo smiley - alienfrown on their own.... yeh, mayo smiley - blush

I wonder if my increasingly large collection of corsets constitutes a guilty pleasure... I mean... they're not exactly necessary... smiley - blushsmiley - diva

Guilty Pleasures

Post 29

You can call me TC

Odd combinations of foods -- .... mayonnaise on potato chips

Yup - an absolute standard here in Germany (Well, that counts as Northern Europe, too, really). Although they can't get their heads round chips with vinegar. smiley - drool

Guilty Pleasures

Post 30

ITIWBS

Chips and artar sauce with minced clams.

Guilty Pleasures

Post 31

[Tries to extricate foot from mouth, hoping that people won't have noticed the peanut butter in spaghetti sauce mention]

Guilty Pleasures

Post 32

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

Good grief! What's the matter with you all? There is only one pleasure in life and there's no guilt about it.. smiley - chocsmiley - chocsmiley - chocsmiley - chocsmiley - chocsmiley - chocsmiley - chocsmiley - chocsmiley - chocsmiley - chocsmiley - chocsmiley - chocsmiley - chocsmiley - chocsmiley - chocsmiley - chocsmiley - chocsmiley - chocsmiley - chocsmiley - chocsmiley - chocsmiley - chocsmiley - chocsmiley - chocsmiley - chocsmiley - choc

It's a necessity...smiley - ok

Guilty Pleasures

Post 33

Peanut

@Paulh, oh I definitely noticed it... smiley - winkeye

Guilty Pleasures

Post 34

smiley - blush

smiley - whistle

I don't know if this is a guilty pleasure, but it's a pleasure in any event: fruits and vegetables that are in season. We all know about tomatoes that taste like cardboard in January, but the ones that are picked fresh from my parents' garden in August or September taste sweet and wonderful. smiley - drool

Guilty Pleasures

Post 35

Peanut

Why on earth would that be a guilty pleasure??

Plucking off a delicious looking tomato, or two on the way into my Mums without asking if they had been nurturing them for their salad for tea, now that is something to feel guilty about

Guilty Pleasures

Post 36

Yes. You are right. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post