A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Do you use the word "trouser" in the singular?

Post 181

ITIWBS

'seeks' should be 'weeks'

Post 182

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

You can do things in your twenties that would be unlikely in your fifties or sixties. I last climbed a rope when I was about twenty. Same for climbing trees. I think I last played tennis in my late forties or early thirties. Badminton I played last year. Baseball in a very crude form, also last year.

I still swim, but the water does the work of holding me up. smiley - winkeye I'm slower than I was in my thirties, but not by all that much.

Post 183

ITIWBS

Nothing is better in the way of who,me system physical conditioning than a regular walking hill climb.

Post 184

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

I still climb trees whenever I get the oppertunity smiley - boing soemetimes I even do so witout falling out smiley - laughsmiley - boing I'm probably more fit now than I was in my twentys, just due to being 5 stone lighter, and actually probably not far off my weight when I was in my early teens smiley - blushsmiley - divasmiley - boingsmiley - boing had a discusion on twitter tonight, vaguely related to trousers... and not sure how it'd work with trousers... were talking about how useful it'd be if legs were kinda detachible... so you could switch them about at will... and... stuff... smiley - erm hmm. actually that might not be relivent at all smiley - blush

Post 185

ITIWBS

smiley - zen omit 'who.me'

That transexual wooley monkey they've got in charge of software development out at google is getting happy again.

I hope they soon get around to sacking his shaggy, heroin addicted ass.

Post 186

Pity there are no hills round here smiley - wah Guess they'd also be a good type of exercise for buttock development smiley - blushsmiley - laughsmiley - alienfrown

Post 187

bobstafford

Don't use the lift use the stairs when you are out shopping for trouserssmiley - run

Post 188

Oh... I get lots of walking up and down stairs, everyday... my house/flat is split level, kinda weird thing, so its down a flight to the front door, and up a flight to the bedrooms/bathroom and... given how much coffee I drink, there is a lot ofw walking up to the bathroom every day smiley - blushsmiley - laugh Maybe I could just walk from the front door, up both lots of stairs, and back down, a few hours a day... to build my glutis maximus into something less unlike a glutis minamus... smiley - blushsmiley - snork Other... exercises I've tried... don't seem to deveop muscle mass in taht particular area smiley - whistle

Post 189

bobstafford

Lifting a pint mug or a bacon butty to the mouth don't count as exercises.smiley - laugh

Post 190

ITIWBS

Other weight training tricks to build up the gluteus maximum, carrying a rucksack.

For best results and greatest comfort carrying it should have as high a center of gravity as possible.

I used to weight mine with rocks, adding a rock a day or any other occasion I felt like it.

Soon, people attempting to heft it would go "Ooof!" and ask what I had in it, rocks?

The exercise is a good one for building up the gluteus maximus, basically, just carry it every where.

Post 191

The Liquid Warrior (Vescere bracis meis)

I do exercises every morning. Up down Up down, then the other eyelid. I run two miles this morning. My tie got caught in the taxi door.

Post 192

bobstafford

smiley - laugh

Post 193

My dear lady said she could do with some more exercise. I told her to go into the kitchen and make me a sandwich.

Post 194

bobstafford

Hope you get her some wine at Christmassmiley - biggrin

Post 195

She has plenty to whine about as it is.
She woke me up at 3 in the morning. Would you like to hear the patter of tiny feet she said. Yes I would, I said. Well, she replied. Go down and put the kettle on, I'm gasping.

Post 196

bobstafford

Off for a while need to go out and buy essentials smiley - ale I might get some food as well back latersmiley - cheers

Post 197

This thread has become too Procrustean* for my liking. You can either e4xercise/diet in order to fit into your trousers, or you can get a new pair that fits better. Do it whichever way you want. Procrustes is not going to come after you smiley - monster.

Procrustes, an evil highwayman in ancient Greek mythology, stood by the roadside and accosted passersby. He made them lie on a bed that he had with them, making them fit on it by any means possible. If they were too short, he would stretch their limbs. if their legs and/or arms hung over the side, he would chop off the excess. The Greeks were trying to say something about the dangers of excessive conformity.

Post 198

problem is... Now I've lost weight... and down to a reasonable size... half the shops don't even do trousers in a small enough waist smiley - wah and all the trouser sizing is messed up anyhow, as each shop seems to be using a differnt 'inch' size rahter than a standard 'inch' size Heck, the female levi and male levi jeans I have, although they claim to be the same, in inchs, are a good 2 " differnt in reality on the waist size, smiley - alienfrown its a trouser lottery, that is what it is... the trouser lottery smiley - cry I'm gona have to give up... and go back to my origoinal idea... of just wearing dresses and skirts... smiley - blushsmiley - laugh

Post 199

You can get kilt by doing that! smiley - biggrin

Post 200

smiley - laughsmiley - zen < smiley - diva that is, I guess also an option smiley - zen Mind.... so is leather chaps (or whatever they're called)... but just because it is an option, doesn't mean Its a good idea (I'm sure if I repeat that, like a mantra, enough, I might one day actually believe it, and prevent myself all kind of pain, and embarasments and... oh, hang on... smiley - doh ) smiley - whistle

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more