A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What's in your pocket?

Post 1

You can call me TC

(Feeling a bit silly after all the wine with big Easter lunch)

In old-fashioned children's books and, to some extent in real life, it is accepted that little boys always havean eclectic and sometimes disgusting selection of small objects in their pockets.

Did you go around with "useful" or "interesting" things in your pockets as a kid? Do you still these days?

I always had a huge bulge in the hip pocket of my uniform skirt at school, which zipped up, and so could be filled to the maximum with tissues, pocket money, a comb, sweets, various writing implements, and probably the obligatory bits of string.

What's in your pocket?

Post 2

Pastey

At the moment, nothing.

When out and about, my left hand trouser pocket has my wallet, my right hand pocket my phone, and my right rear trouser pocket has my keys. It's always the same, has been for many years, so I've got to the point where I can tell if I'm missing any of these things.

In my jackets/coats, stuff like sunglasses or chocolates tend to get lost. I do tend to use the side pockets to store books.

I do have an old leather jacket where the inside breast pocket goes through into the lining, and that used to always have a newspaper in it, for the crossword.

What's in your pocket?

Post 3

SashaQ - happysad

These days I travel light - just keys in a tissue in my left trouser pocket, and my wallet in my right. If I'm travelling long distance, I wear a jacket with pockets for my phone, RADAR key and tickets.

When I was at school, though, I used to have rather full pockets - tissues, money, a small pen, a pad of paper and a charm of some sort, such as a pebble or colourful strands of cotton.

What's in your pocket?

Post 4

Pastey

I usually have my pens in my bag, which possibly makes a difference to what I keep in my pockets, because I usually have my bag on me.

In there is my netbook, phone charger, notepad, couple of pens, a pencil, a Private Eye and whatever book I'm currently reading. Plus other "stuff" depending on where I'm going.

What's in your pocket?

Post 5

swl

My hand

What's in your pocket?

Post 6

Gnomon - time to move on

I carry a bag, with keys, wallet, umbrella, moleskine notebook, pens, pencils, ultra-hard sudoku, pliers multitool, swiss army knife, magnifying glass, book, spare glasses, earphones, and work security card.

What's in your pocket?

Post 7

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I my right hand pocket I have a wallet, spare change, and containers for my medication. In my left pocket, I have door keys and car keys.

What's in your pocket?

Post 8

Rod

Ultra hard sudoku, Gnomon?

D'ye mean they're actually graded?
Are there such things as easier ones?

What's in your pocket?

Post 9

Rod

in the pockets?
Trousers
Left front: a couple of hanky tissues (kitchen roll halves), coins.
Right front: car keys, penknife
Left Hip: banknotes (if available)
Right hip: cards (driving licence / RSA club / AA / Bank EFTPOS / etc

Jacket? rarely unless it's raining - usually an extra sweater if it's cold when early walking doglet. (what's put in jacket pockets stay there, forgotten.

What's in your pocket?

Post 10

Pink Paisley

Handses. Fish-bones, goblins'-teeth, wet shells, bat-wing. Knife. String. Nothing.

PP.

What's in your pocket?

Post 11

Sho - employed again!

I was waiting for someone to say that!! nassty and trickssy!

I don't cary anything at all in my pockets, except for very occasionally a couple of business cards if I think I'll need to hand them out. Oh and when I go to a football match: car key in one front pocket, money and ticket in the other front pocket. Phone goes down my bra...

What's in your pocket?

Post 12

Gnomon - time to move on

Rod, sudokus are indeed graded. Most newspapers feature easy, medium and hard. These are about two levels harder than "hard".

What's in your pocket?

Post 13

Pink Paisley

Someone had to and I couldn't contain myself any longer.

PP.

What's in your pocket?

Post 14

Deb

So what's your other hand doing swl?

In my left jeans pocket is my phone. The back right pocket contains nappy bags (cheaper than proper dog ones), a permanent fixture which gets transferred when I start on a new pair.

Later the back right will hold a dog lead & the front left will hold the car keys. The right pocket of my fleece will hold a spare rubber ball for the chukkit. The left one will contain a pack of glucose tablets & an apple in case of a blood sugar emergency. That's when I'm heading to cannock chase for a nice long walk with the dog.

Deb smiley - cheerup

What's in your pocket?

Post 15

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

I haven't got any pockets unless I wear a coat..then it's keys and tissues.Everything else goes in my handbag.

What's in your pocket?

Post 16

You can call me TC

I'm still waiting for the bit of blu-tak.

Otherwise, it shows that as adults we do tend to have more useful things in our pockets than when we were kids.

Do men still carry loose change? I was shocked when I first came to Germany and saw that men actually carried small change in purses. I thought it was a very unmanly thing to do.

Anyone had a look in their kids' pockets? Are they as fun as they used to be?

What's in your pocket?

Post 17

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

In my pocket currently is a philips head screwdriver tip (from my multi phasic stubby ratchet), several 3" screws and empty mini flake wrapper.

What's in your pocket?

Post 18

Bald Bloke

TC
Both my Grandfathers always carried change in a purse, not in their pockets.
Like this only not so posh
http://www.maxwellscottbags.com/accessories/leather-wallets/mens-coin-wallet.html

Makes sense when you do a mucky job, like farming or engineering as you don't want to have to hunt out the coins from your pockets every time to change into or out of work gear.

What's in your pocket?

Post 19

Rod

Ah Magwitch, careful with those screws - I've lost the use of pockets like that - and putting them in head down is but short-term insurance.

and… (Soduko)

Gnomon, my last post was less than serious… though I must say that if I'm reduced to trial & error on a horizontal or vertical pair in the less easy ones, I lose interest. That doesn't seem like a fair challenge of logic.

What's in your pocket?

Post 20

bobstafford

Keys various, phone, sweets, loose change including odd Turkish and French cents.
Map of Portchester, camere batteries and filter, thats about it. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post