A Conversation for Ask h2g2

I dropped a clanger

Post 61

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Funny how these things only work when they're true.
smiley - bigeyes

I was just writing up a shopping list for my weekly trip
to the city and all I could think of were milk and honey.
Seriously.
Ya cant make this stuff up.

~jwf~

I dropped a clanger

Post 62

Hoovooloo

My g/f and I were once driving through Staffordshire on the A53 on our way to Shrewsbury. I was able to ring my mother on my mobile from the car and inform her that my g/f and I were at Loggerheads. She inquired what we were at loggerheads about, and I was able to respond "about half past one."

How we laughed.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&t=h&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=114628687895409799821.00046e1df3a4fc309c25b

I dropped a clanger

Post 63

Gnomon - time to move on

Did I mention I've been through Hell and back?

A rather pretty little flower-bedecked Norwegian village on the railway from Trondheim up to Bodo.

I dropped a clanger

Post 64

Vip

My husband always likes to regale the story of how his grandfather took him to a knockin' shop when he was a boy. A newsagents in the village of Knockin, that is.

I'm not sure if that's 100% on topic, but I like it. smiley - smiley

smiley - fairy

I dropped a clanger

Post 65

Hoovooloo

I once went to Hull and back.

I dropped a clanger

Post 66

Hoovooloo

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-p8Wheg8xO3w/Tx0pEmdhAmI/AAAAAAAACJk/qT0UccLpUH0/s640/The+Knockin+Shop.jpg

I dropped a clanger

Post 67

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

One of the girls in a running race in the Olympics just jumped the gun.

She was disqualified.

I dropped a clanger

Post 68

Beatrice

we were shopping yesterday for those wee knitted things you keep mobile phones and iPods in. So there was a good bit of "put a sock in it" going on.

I dropped a clanger

Post 69

smiley - laugh
I should think of some more examples but
I've got a lot on my plate this morning.
smiley - burgersmiley - corncobsmiley - porkpiesmiley - hotdog
smiley - applesmiley - friedeggsmiley - friedeggsmiley - applesmiley - burger
smiley - cheesesmiley - strawberrysmiley - cheesecakesmiley - cupcakesmiley - donut

smiley - cheers
~jwf~

I dropped a clanger

Post 70

Rod

"Give the prisoner his last cigarette. There's no smoke without ... ... ... !Fire!"

I dropped a clanger

Post 71

Geggs

Just saw a picture of a heart made up of rolls of thread. I pointed it out to my wife. " It's all bobbins!", I said.

Geggs

I dropped a clanger

Post 72

Beatrice

They're testing teh emergency light system at work today.

We're being kept in the dark.

I dropped a clanger

Post 73

Vip

Sometimes I overfill smiley - cupid's bath, so he is quite literally up to his neck in hot water.

OK, lukewarm water.

smiley - fairy

I dropped a clanger

Post 74

Rod

Today I finished that wooden bowl - it turned out nice again.

I dropped a clanger

Post 75

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - laugh

(I hope this thread never dies)

I dropped a clanger

Post 76

Geggs

Incidentally, I re-visited the sight of the initial clanger dropping today, and I could find no clangers present. I was a bit surprised, but also glad that I'd taken the opportunity to drop one when it was available.

Also, we are expecting a workman to come tonight to quote for some work on our house. We also want him to see if he can fix the cracks in the roof of the garage at the end of the garden. Normally I would walk across the grass, but my wife has told me that I should walk on the concrete slabs, with the intention that he will follow, since we don't want him to walk any grass back into the house. I shall, therefore, be leading him up the garden path.

Geggs

I dropped a clanger

Post 77

Mu Beta

I remember a fanciable young lady leading me up the garden path when I was about 14.

I won't divulge in public what she did at the other end. smiley - blush

B

I dropped a clanger

Post 78

Rod

I can't afford to enrol on the contortionist course. Just can't make ends meet.

I dropped a clanger

Post 79

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

I think it's about time we revived this one, because I remembered another one: I work for a law firm, and we have several legal textbooks and reference works. If I pick one of them up, I must perforce subsequently lay down the law!

I dropped a clanger

Post 80

smiley - ok
The Ten Commandments are probably a good idea
but I'm not made of stone y'know.

smiley - nur
~jwf~

Key: Complain about this post