A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Advertising stupidity - now with added Title

Post 1541

Br Robyn Hoode - Navo - complete with theme tune

'They are already there' refers to the roots. Baby teeth are just caps, they dont have the deep roots of adult teeth.

Either way, it's advertising boswelocks, just like washing poder for your clothes that not only cleans them but also makes them smell clean with the addition of an odour neutralizer/remover/masker (Janua-reze?)

Post 1542

Galigan

Wow! I just watched that Orangina Ad. Apart from being shoddily animated, and that reeeeally creepy octopus woman, there's no WAY that is suitable for children!! That's barely suitable for me! Some people really need a good kicking for some of the stuff they come up with.

Post 1543

Rod

Just for a change, one I like...

Du 'Something', du Pain, du Vin, du Boursin.

Varied enough to stand quite a few repetitions

I reckon they tried quite hard to get the 'Du Somethings' to sound as if they come from the French.

?

Post 1544

Cheerful Dragon

I liked "Du pain, du vin, du Boursin. Du it yourself!"

Post 1545

WanderingAlbatross - Wing-tipping down the rollers of life's ocean.

Has anybody mentioned how good the 'little tub of yoghurt that will transform your life and cure all known ailments especially if you don't eat a balanced diet' advert is with Sir Bobby Charlton kicking the football to the kids. Good acting.

Post 1546

Cheerful Dragon

I don't know if you've seen the advert for the Guerlain Homme fragrance. It talks about jungle animals gathering at the same water hole at dusk. There are a few problems with this ad. For one thing, the only jungle animal at the water hole is the chimpanzee. All the others (giraffe, gazelle, lion, cheetah) live on or near the open plains, AFAIK. Then there's the fact that predators make kills near water holes, 'cos they know that's where they're prey will be.

I think it's a stupid ad, and it doesn't make me want to go and buy the fragrance for hubby.

Post 1547

winternights

I do not watch themsmiley - erm

Should I?

Am I missing outsmiley - sadface

Are they written by politicians, seem to be a lot of spinsmiley - winkeye

Post 1548

Br Robyn Hoode - Navo - complete with theme tune

purty much smiley - winkeye

I think that the implication is: If you're stupid enough to ignore all the things that are wrong with this ad, you'll also be imperssed by the 'animal' man, rubbing shoulders with lions and tigers and you want to have sex with this man, and therefore will want your man to smell like this man.

In fairness, they do set up the 'drinking together at the waterhole' as a sort of magical mythical circumstance...

Post 1549

Bright Blue Shorts

Slightly different track ... anyone know why the Property section of my local free newspaper has disappeared? I mean, how do estate agents expect to sell properties if they don't advertise them? smiley - winkeye

Post 1550

Christopher

Nice target-marketing.

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/7268/stockwellwb7.jpg

Post 1551

fords - number 1 all over heaven

smiley - yikes Oh my...

Is it wrong to laugh? Cos I did!

Post 1552

winternights

Every cloud has a silver lining.smiley - biggrin

My son completes his paper round quicker now.smiley - run

Post 1553

Researcher 815350

Waterhole, not a 'metapaw' for a pub?

smiley - run

Post 1554

winternights

I have not seen a ad for christmas yet smiley - crackersmiley - hollysmiley - cracker

are they being sensibly this year smiley - reindeersmiley - smiley

Post 1555

Taff Agent of kaos

studio 24 are banging out the xmas ads

smiley - bat

Post 1556

winternights

That makes it official then smiley - hollysmiley - crackersmiley - reindeersmiley - santa

Time to put the sprouts on smiley - cheers

Post 1557

Taff Agent of kaos

AAAAAAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

sprouts!!!!!!!! you sound like skeletor on her dawn patrol

the dame realy grips my s**t with her drivel about sprouts

they are a nice veg......

smiley - bat

Post 1558

winternights

Tis it not your time of year when you can stroll amongst us other mortals , and should we forget, supermarkets across the land do throw Pumkins and blood ladden custom at us in case we forget it is nearly Halloween smiley - pumpkin

Du pain, du vin etc.

Post 1559

Too far from N17

This slogan was apparently written by Pete Mayles

(Partially) on the proceeds of this masterpiece; he was able to retire to southern France and torture us all with his Centuries In Provence books. smiley - wah

Du pain, du vin etc.

Post 1560

Too far from N17

This slogan was apparently written by Peter Mayles

(Partially) on the proceeds of this masterpiece; he was able to retire to southern France and torture us all with his Centuries In Provence books. smiley - wah

Key: Complain about this post