A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Advertising stupidity - now with added Title

Post 2681

Malabarista - now with added pony

I'd love to be turned into that guy - he's on a horse! smiley - ponysmiley - loveblush

Post 2682

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

I thought he was the horse...

Post 2683

Titania (gone for lunch)

Subi

...when it's actually Xubi - how hard can it be to get the ad voice to pronounce 'ks'?

Post 2684

Mistadrong, (Count vonCount.)the last Gog standing

Things must be pretty bad financially for Nicolas Cage to be doing ads for a kitchen roll.
Is the Juan sheet a deliberate pun?
smiley - vampire

Post 2685

Cheerful Dragon

How about Jean-Claude Van Damme doing snow angels in an ad for Coors Light? He looks a total prat in his faded jeans, white socks and loafers with tassels! The ad's tag line is typically arrogant for an American product: 'The world's most refreshing beer'. At least Carlsberg said 'Probably the best...'.

PS I'm not anti-American, but a claim to be 'the best' grates when it's a matter of taste.

Post 2686

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

Come on, the Van Damme ones are clearly tongue-in-cheek. I think they are pleasingly daft.

Post 2687

Orcus

As is the Juan Sheet Nicolas Cage lookalike (you do realise that yes?)

Post 2688

Mistadrong, (Count vonCount.)the last Gog standing

I'm not convinced, I'm sure it's Nicolas Cage.
Things sent downhill after that Ghost Rider thing.
smiley - vampire

Post 2689

Orcus

Come on ----

Ghost Rider 2?

Genius
smiley - bigeyes

Post 2690

fords - number 1 all over heaven

That's JCVD? Mind = blown smiley - yikes

Post 2691

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

With a very few exceptions (e.g. Adaptation, Kick-Ass), Nick Cage's career has been on a steady downward trajectory since Con Air, but he's kind of carved himself a niche now, making all those daft, over-the-top action movies that a certain fan-base lap up. Oh, and kitchen roll adverts.

Post 2692

AgProv2

Deliberate pun? More like Juan Kerr, i thought...

Post 2693

AgProv2

I have been forced, lately, to watch daytime TV. This is a hidden terror involved with incapacity and an extra spur to getting one's health back. One especial horror is the advert for Littlewoods, the clothing catalogue. Screened during "This Morning", they feature a sophiticated-looking clothes-horse leaping out wearing the best Littlewoods has to offeer, accompanied by a blast of big brassy in-yer-face music.

This may be testimony to too much time on my hands and ill-spent time on You-Tube, but do the makers of this advert know that the acompanying big, brassy, in-yer-face, music is EXACTLY that which is played on those notorious italian "stripping housewives" quiz programmed, when some hapless signora gets the question wong and has to shed an item of clothing?

So what is the message here: that women who aspire to dress from Littlewoods are displaying the same level of class, taste, and good judgement as the loser on a sleazy Italian gameshow?

Post 2694

Pink Paisley

I didn't know that.

I wish I had.

PP

Post 2695

You can call me TC

Italian game shows are really the lowest of the low. That's probably not even the sleaziest they have to offer.

Post 2696

Deb

Strip game shows? Well, possibly a bit more subtle than the actually naked one. Oh, god, I just had a flashback of Keith Chegwin. My eyes, my eyes!

Deb smiley - cheerup

Post 2697

Orcus

Keith Chegwin did a naked gameshow?

Might be more interesting if Maggie Philbin was also involved mind smiley - winkeye

Post 2698

AgProv2

I have refrained from providing a link to the You-Tube collection of extracts from the Italian Stripping housewives shows, as I am not sure on the House Rules concerning such things and i genuinely do not want to be in violation. But a simple search on You-tube will locate ample clips!

I can confirm Keith Chegwin once hosted an experimental quiz/ Krypton Factor show for nudists on Channel Five and it was bloody horrible. Well, one of the contestants was a rather cute well-proportioned blonde, but she was eliminated halfway through, and the other female contestant went a little later, leaving only Keith and two blokes. It was said in reviews the following morning that viewer numbers more than halved at the moment the show became an all-male sausagefest.

A British satellite company did experiment with the notion of topless darts played by normally proportioned women, and with the idea of a stripping weathergirl, but this was too sleazy for Britain and the TV station collapsed without trace.

Post 2699

Orcus

Sanex

Apparently your skin now has '3 fundamental rights' smiley - groan

Yeah, the Geneva convention covers this I belive smiley - rolleyes

WTF are they on about?

Post 2700

Pit - ( Carpe Diem - Stay in Bed )

The Geneva Convention protects POWs - for shooting stupid advertising "Vice Presidents" you just need a shotgun permit.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more