A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Jesus is coming back. Get ready. (Whats Jesus having: Beer or Bovril?)

Post 5501

myk

smiley - laugh

Water > to vodka , whiskey > to tea

Jesus is coming back. Get ready. (Whats Jesus having: Beer or Bovril?)

Post 5502

myk

Beer > into Hey lleave my smiley - ale alone Hairy! Ok! smiley - cheers

Jesus is coming back soon..

Post 5503

warner - a new era of cooperation

Interseting nick, skywalker .. oh, and welcome to noohootoo smiley - smiley

Post 5504

myk

Thanks! Good to be back! smiley - cheerssmiley - ale

Removed

Post 5505

U14993147

This post has been removed.

Post 5506

anhaga

Another doomsday come and gone with no sign of the end.smiley - sadface

Post 5507

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

Au contraire. The Jehovah's Witless who knocked on my door this morning assured me Jesus aka God was simply allowing the world to run itself into the ground so we could all learn a lesson and would step in to save the believers soon.

I did ask how soon but he declined to acquiesce to my request to be specific.

Post 5508

warner - a new era of cooperation

>> The Jehovah's Witless who knocked on my door this morning assured me Jesus aka God..

No, you're surely wrong there.
JW's do not believe that Jesus is Almighty God/Jehovah smiley - erm

Post 5509

Coulda fooled me.

Post 5510

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Jesus is busy helping to occupy Wall Street. He always had a thing about money-changers in the temples.

Post 5511

Jesus The Money Changers according to The Gospel of John

And the Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting: *And when he had made a scourge of small cords*, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables; And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.

[2:13-16;]

Violent fellow that Jesus, bit sadistic whipping people like that. Why he's worse than the riot squad in The MET. Not someone I'd want to throw my lot in with. Oh that's right I don't already. Phew. Lucky escape.

A scourge.
http://www.nj-pbem.com/data/Gods/humangods/Loviatar_symbol.jpg

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/465/72080-cat_o__nine_tails__psf__super.jpg

http://www.leatherbeaten.com/whip_cat.jpg

Post 5512

myk

I'm sure Jesus wasn't into S&M smiley - laughsmiley - erm

Hey i got no problem with Jesus, only hypocrosy (i am a hypocrite sometimes - but i'm not making a carrer out of it, or gonna whip myself over it either) greed and cruelty.

I ask myself: "if Jesus was alive today, would he be straight round for dinner with the heads of his fanclub (C),(REG),(TM); or would he be doing his bit like the 99%"

(there is where a bit of hypocrocy creeps in, for inbetween work and staying alive, i am not doing anything much else for society myself; only not being cruel, or trying to help myself to what does not belong to me etc..etc.. )

Post 5513

anhaga

Warner's right, the JWs hold Jesus to be Jehovah's son 'and inferior to Him'.smiley - smiley

http://www.watchtower.org/e/jt/index.htm

Post 5514

myk

Intersting: also no life after death, no heaven no hell - when we die thats it we are dead

But! they go on to say that the dead will be brought back to life, (including those who died without faith in God, they just have to wait a little longer to reach paradise) .

Hmm doesnt sound quite "as" OTT as most actually smiley - biggrin

I'll be knocking on doors with the Watchtower next smiley - biggrin

Post 5515

I was reading the pamphlet they gave me on 'was life created?' - it boils down to a particularly dishonest chapter that totally misrepresents evolutionary theory as "random chance" quoting various researchers who highlight a (potentially quote-mined, I'd need to check) anecdote about some problem or another. For instance they labour on the "impossibility" of mutation to produce "entirely new species", apparently operating under the considerable misapprehension that a dog is one mutation away from a rabbit or a whale one mutation away from a wolf and leaving as unstated the cummultative effect of changes deletions and duplications (that are facts in evidence) that occur over hundreds of millions of years.

There was a lot in there of the puddle argument - isn't it amazing that there's oxygen in sufficient quantities to breathe, apparently ignorant of how oxygen gets here and how life adapted to use it not t'other way around.

They then do a spot of reverse engineering, noting how some engineers are borrowing designs from nature for planes wings etc and then inferring that nature's design is so perfect to warrant being copied it demands a designer to account for it, which ommits entirely the winnowing effect upon diversity of highly selected adaptations.

Apprently we sceptics and atheists have a prior comittment to materialism" that "prevents us from even considering an intelligent designer." compare that to the flagrant dishonesty from the Witless pamphplet:

" If you are to accept the teaching of macroevolution as true you must [...] believe that all creatures gradually evolved from a common ancestor despite a fossil record that strongly indicates that major kinds of plants and animals appear abruptly and did not evolve."

They even quote Micheal Behe (he of the 'irreducibly complex' bacterial flagellum.

Nevermind though that evolution is true, we round off with an appeal not to truth or reason but emotion. does it matter what you believe? why if you accept evolution you are a fatalist and will think the world belongs to politicians and theives.

An argumentum ad populum - millions of people already believe asserting "such a belief is not mere wishful thinking the evidence is clear: life was created!"

Frankly I considered wiping my R's with it, but if you wish to throw you lot in with the witless prattlers of nonsense and lies go right ahead.

Post 5516

Fair enough then mea culpa.

The point stands how ever that god was standing back from the world in order to teach us all a lesson and would be returning to rule real soon - so watch out!

Post 5517

myk

Tou read the whole thing!! smiley - yikes

smiley - laugh

Jesus is coming back. Get ready.

Post 5518

tucuxii

Good - he owes me five quid, but I'll let him off if he gets his dad to actually do to the bankers and other money lenders what they did to me figuratively - prefereably using a pillar of fire - and sends me the video smiley - wah

Post 5519

Ged42

Is Jesus coming back?

Good, I'm determined to beat him at bowling this time.

Post 5520

Giford

Hi Warner,

>Well, who'd have thought it? Kuzushi is either confused, losing his faith for some reason, and/or simply changed his mind.

Yes... and I am here to tell you there is hope for you too if you will only repent of your ways!

Gif smiley - geek

Key: Complain about this post