LessUsed Facts

Post 10002

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - rofl

LessUsed Facts

Post 10003

Baron Grim

Woohoo!

smiley - discosmiley - divasmiley - bluelightsmiley - tardissmiley - bluelightsmiley - divasmiley - disco
smiley - tardissmiley - bluelightsmiley - divasmiley - discosmiley - divasmiley - bluelightsmiley - tardis
smiley - discosmiley - divasmiley - bluelightsmiley - tardissmiley - bluelightsmiley - divasmiley - disco
smiley - tardissmiley - bluelightsmiley - divasmiley - discosmiley - divasmiley - bluelightsmiley - tardis

I wonder what book?

(Also, this post number is the longest palindromic number so far in this thread.)

LessUsed Facts

Post 10004

Baron Grim

smiley - doh I post twentied. smiley - dohsmiley - laugh

It's not entirely my fault. The LEDs indicated I was there were no posts after 10000.

LessUsed Facts

Post 10005

Baron Grim

Here's one I'm proud of.

In 1942, the BBC banned the song, Deep In The Heart of Texas, as they considered the melody so infectious they were worried wartime factory workers would stop what they were doing to clap along.

smiley - applausesmiley - applausesmiley - applausesmiley - applause

LessUsed Facts

Post 10006

swl

Donald Trump is the 45th American President.

The 10th American President was called John Tyler. He was born in 1790. He has 2 Grandchildren that are still alive!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/01/26/grandchildren-john-tyler-americas-10th-president-are-still-alive.html

LessUsed Facts

Post 10007

The New Orleans home of Judah P Benjamin, Secretary of State for the Confederate States of America, is now a strip club.

http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-arts-and-culture/books/106227/the-forgotten-confederate-jew

LessUsed Facts

Post 10008

Icy North

Does that fact emanate from primary research? We need to be told. smiley - smiley

LessUsed Facts

Post 10009

smiley - rofl Not on my part.

But in the article, we discover that attendees of the 2010 Jewish Federations of North America General Assembly flocked to the strip club/historical site and demanded tours. smiley - rofl Much to the bemusement of the manager and her staff.

LessUsed Facts

Post 10010

Florida Sailor All is well with the world

A useless fact in response to post 10007. A very short distance south of Tampa Bay, on the Manatee River, there is a surviving antebellum mansion http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamble_Plantation_Historic_State_Park

Although the home stood for many years as a gutted ruin, it has been restored and it is open as a museum and historic site.

It is best known for being the place Judah P Benjamin hid out while arraigning his departure from the country.

F smiley - dolphin S

LessUsed Facts

Post 10011

Yeah, but I bet they don't allow pole dancing in there...

LessUsed Facts

Post 10012

Baron Grim

I bet they do.

I seriously doubt they have a written rule prohibiting pole dancing.

You never know until you try.smiley - cheers

LessUsed Facts

Post 10013

I want to see you try suggesting pole dancing to the United Daughters of the Confederacy. smiley - rofl

LessUsed Facts

Post 10014

Baron Grim

I'd win. I'm a member of the DAR.

LessUsed Facts

Post 10015

I tried to post a reply, but got the dreaded 505 error,

The last time I was there they had a pole about 30 feet long. It was mounted through the top of the sugar mill. There was a sign that said it used to be turned by a pair of oxen to grind the sugarcane into syrup. The pole is almost horizontal so it might be tricky for a dance.

Are you sure all of the modern DAR's are prudes?

I once read about a librarian's contest asking if you cold have only one thing to read on a desert island, what would you pick. The winning answer was 'A tattooed sailor'smiley - biggrin

F smiley - dolphin S

LessUsed Facts

Post 10016

smiley - facepalm I ment to say UDC

LessUsed Facts

Post 10017

This thread has a lot to answer for:

https://h2g2.com/entry/A87885481

LessUsed Facts

Post 10018

Oops! Try again: A87885481

Hechos inĂștiles

Post 10019

Baron Grim

Benny looks more like a mole than a badger.

Hechos inĂștiles

Post 10020

smiley - snork I didn't draw him.

Key: Complain about this post