A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Useless facts

Post 7101

MonkeyS- all revved up with no place to go

<>

Why? Do their sombreros get in the way??

Useless facts

Post 7102

Baron Grim

Manute Bol very likely was the original source of the phrase "my bad" (instead of "my fault").

However he was DEFINITELY the only NBA player to have ever killed a lion with a spear.

He was also once fined $25k for skipping two exhibition games to attend peace talks with Sudanese rebel leaders.

Useless facts

Post 7103

swl

A neutrino is capable of passing through a light-year (about six trillion miles) of lead without hitting a single atom.

Useless facts

Post 7104

Icy North

...but, statistically, it's still more accurate than Steve Harmison.

Useless facts

Post 7105

pedro

The proteins used in muscle fibres are found in amoebae and other single-celled eukaryotic organisms.

Useless facts

Post 7106

swl

The prostate contains more zinc than any other organ in the body

Useless facts

Post 7107

KB

It's also very resistant to rusting. There must be a connection!

Useless facts

Post 7108

AgProv2

"However, let's say some aliens were passing by Earth one day and, for whatever reason, perhaps as an experiment, much as one might experiment on a rat, decided to impregnate Mary. It would be at least as likely, if not much more so, than saying that "God" had anything to do with it."

Or just for a luagh they checked out the default religion of those monkeymen and posed as an Angel and a God... truly this would please Douglas Adams, as this is Teasing taken to a sublime next level...

"Hey guys, let's stop by that forsaken planet again out in the western spiral arm, I've got an idea. We'll find some poor soul nobody's ever going to beleive..."

"Been done!"

"No hear me out. We get this chick, right, and kid her on that, say, you're her God and I'm an Angel and she's due to sprog out the planet's half-God, half-Man, saviour..."

"I like the way your mind works, bro!"

"Just leave out the silly antenna and the "meep-meep noises, OK? Too downmarket for Gods."

Useless facts

Post 7109

swl

If you hold a tampon in your mouth for a minute the flavour of anything you eat afterwards becomes much more intense.

Useless facts

Post 7110

fords - number 1 all over heaven

That one from personal experience, swl?

Useless facts

Post 7111

Baron Grim

smiley - erm what? (TF?)

Useless facts

Post 7112

swl

I am reliably informed that this is true.

Useless facts

Post 7113

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

It should be noted that knowing the word for a female pig (or "sow") is no longer useless, as I needed that information to understand a Futurama joke.

smiley - pirate

Useless facts

Post 7114

KB

I've needed that knowledge to understand quite a few sentences I've read or heard in life. I'd call it a plain ol' definition more than a useless piece of trivia.

Former Irish leader Seán Lemass liked to smoke a pipe. Now there's useless for you.

Useless facts

Post 7115

Baron Grim

Here's useless... Popeye's religious affiliation is quaker.

Useless facts

Post 7116

Baron Grim

Anthony Perkins was NOT in the shower scene in Psycho. Hitchcock used an extra because Perkins' silhouette might have been recognized.

Useless facts

Post 7117

swl

London is the smallest city in England.

Useless facts

Post 7118

fords - number 1 all over heaven

It is? smiley - doh

Useless facts

Post 7119

swl

Yes, it is smiley - biggrin