A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 16121

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

Nobody wants to see piles of corpses at the movies. Well, 99.9% of people 99.9% of the time, anyway.

They worked really well in Enemy at the Gates though. Look, how about instead of apocalypse movies you watch World War II movies. Those can be just as apocalyptic.

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 16122

Reality Manipulator

The heat and humidity is getting too me and it is so difficult to keep cool and it now has given me a headache.smiley - headhurts

Petty Hates

Post 16123

Wand'rin star

Sorry Rosa, you are my petty hate -you and all the others moaning about a week's proper summer weather. Let us arthritics have a bit of a respite from cold wet weather.smiley - starsmiley - star

Petty Hates

Post 16124

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

Global warming will kill us all.

PH: Can't get enough sleep. No matter how much I sleep. Must sleep more.

ssssssllllLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEpppppppppppp.........................

smiley - yawnsmiley - zzz

Petty Hates

Post 16125

ITIWBS

smiley - evilgrinThe casting group supplying the zombies probably wouldn't mind more casting calls supplying grisly looking corpses laying around in various states of dismemberment and half devoured as a consequence of cannibalistic acts of consumption.... We'll have to see if they pick up on the idea. ...and of course, the 'plague' is supposed to be spreading as a chain reaction, the very bite of the zombie making yet another zombie.

smiley - biggrin

Petty Hates

Post 16126

Reality Manipulator

My other petty hate is fibromyalgia which means I cannot regulate my inner body temperature because of this humidity effects me greatly.

Petty Hates

Post 16127

Sho - employed again!

I'm whining about the weather too. It's too hot and it suddenly jumped from 18°C to 34°C with nothing in between. It's still 25°C at night and I can't function because everything that I need to do is impacted by me being too hot.
And I will whine about it until it gets cold again.
And no, I'm not sorry.

Petty Hates

Post 16128

Pastey

I live in Manchester, you lot have climate, *we* have weather smiley - winkeye

Petty Hates

Post 16129

Wand'rin star

Sho, you are a wimp but Rosa has an excuse. Her hate is really not petty -mine issmiley - starsmiley - star

Petty Hates

Post 16130

ITIWBS

Weather woes, the past few days temperature has been hovering around 110F/43C, with a ...warm... monsoonal breeze coming up from the the tropics, off central America, carrying a lot of humidity and producing nil chill factor, wet ball consistently 5 in daylight hours well after the dawn.

Cumulous clouds are beginning to condense out of the monsoonal haze between 5000 and 6000 feet (1524 to 1828 meters) in the western Coachella Valley, piling up against the Santa Rosa Mts., Mt. San Gorgonio and Joshua Tree National Park.

Out here in the Salton Sea area, where I am, there's a (quiet) electrophoris storm under way, with a uniform spathe of blow sands rising to about 1300 feet (394 meters), remembering that the Salton Sea is 229 feet (70 meters) below sea level in the first place.

There may be a tempestuous blow building up, may be tornadoes, probably won't be any rain except a light pre-dawn drizzle in the mountains.

Petty Hates

Post 16131

swl

There may be trouble ahead, but while there's music and love and romance...

Petty Hates

Post 16132

Teasswill

smiley - musicalnote

Petty Hates

Post 16133

Bluebottle

Getting back to corpses, I often wondered why only skulls survived the nuclear apocalypse in the Terminator films, and not any other type of bone.

<BB<

Petty Hates

Post 16134

Baron Grim

The very first instance of nudity I saw was that of a corpse in the SciFi doomsday classic, _The Andromeda Strain_. Plenty of bodies, but not piles of them.

Petty Hates

Post 16135

swl

The very first nudity I saw on screen was when I was 12 and sneaked into the Roxy to see the X-Cert "Adult Fairy Tales". I couldn't enjoy it for the massive feelings of guilt I had

Petty Hates

Post 16136

swl

No, I've just been told I'm wrong. My first nude was Life of Brian smiley - blush

Petty Hates

Post 16137

ITIWBS

The first nude scenes I can recall seeing in the movies were underwater swim sequences from the Johhny Weismuller/Maureen O'Sullivan Tarzan movies.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Maureen+O%27Sullivan+nude+swim+scenes&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjv4K_ijJTOAhVaHGMKHXbVCd8Q_AUIBygB&biw=962&bih=601

http://youtu.be/6Bc7KDyLV80

Petty Hates

Post 16138

ITIWBS

PH: Google links that don't post correctly to or from clipboard on a "What you see is what you get." basis.

Instead of 'wysiwyg' its often 'abt' - "Anything but that!".

Time wasting, 'pita', histrionic software and/or software designer.

Petty Hates

Post 16139

Bluebottle

I suspect the first topless women I saw in a film was probably in 'Zulu', which may well have had a bit of a 'tribal nudity doesn’t count, but obviously topless white women is unacceptable' attitude.smiley - erm

<BB<

Petty Hates

Post 16140

Baron Grim

I'll just note, the "first nudity I've seen" was a side note to "where are the bodies" in scifi doomsday films.

Both conversations are quite interesting. smiley - cheers

Key: Complain about this post