A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 13561

Pastey

We're currently putting the designs for Noo Goo into the framework, and are finishing off the designs for Brunel. What we're looking at with these is trying to think "What would the original designers have done if they had access to the tools and technology that we have?"

Noo Goo is an expanded version of Goo, with alien landscapes in the footer, and eventually possibly changing/moving scenery.

The new Brunel is very Steam Punk in its current designs, looking far more metallic, and a lot cooler than the current Brunel.

I've seen a couple of ideas floated about for the new Alabaster, and they follow on the trend of modernising without losing the original look and feel.

We've got loads of other ideas, but time is always the limiting factor.

Petty Hates

Post 13562

Sho - employed again!

PH of today: "new" being spelt "noo" or "nu" smiley - run

Petty Hates

Post 13563

Deb

I of got no problem wiv that smiley - evilgrin

My petty hate of the day: the use of "of" instead of "have" and (perhaps even more pettily*) "wiv" instead of "with".

Deb smiley - cheerup

*is that even a word?

Petty Hates

Post 13564

ITIWBS

Things I hope Brunel does not lose, the "Who's Online" feature.

Petty Hates

Post 13565

ITIWBS

*wiv*, pidgin English.

Petty Hates

Post 13566

Sho - employed again!

I loathe "wiv" especially from adults. My uncle's ex wife posts that all the time in her facebook posts, something like "chillin' wiv XX on the sofa, lol" drives me crazy

Petty Hates

Post 13567

swl

My petty hate (that I've been moaning about for ages) is people writing "loose" instead of "lose".

Petty Hates

Post 13568

You can call me TC

>>Noo Goo is an expanded version of Goo, with alien landscapes in the footer, and eventually possibly changing/moving scenery.<<

Yay! smiley - cool!

Petty Hates

Post 13569

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

People who throw "lol" around in online conversations, especially in contexts where it doesn't really fit. But even worse than that is people saying it in person.

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 13570

Pastey

My niece said "lol" once in my hearing.

Only the once smiley - winkeye

Petty Hates

Post 13571

swl

I hate how supermarkets design the packaging on cold meat to show the nice bit of ham and conceal the grotty, fatty, gristly bits.

Petty Hates

Post 13572

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

is that something like the photographs on the front of ready meal boxes?

a lovingly chef prepaired meal in the picture
nameless slop in the box

Petty Hates

Post 13573

Smudger879n

They have to call if something........or we wouldn't know what to ask for?smiley - winkeye

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Petty Hates

Post 13574

Reality Manipulator

My pet hate is cars driving on the pavement which I have seen today.

Petty Hates

Post 13575

KB

At least when they are driving on the pavement, you know they won't be on it forever. Unlike when they park on the pavement.

Petty Hates

Post 13576

ITIWBS

LCD screes that turn dead black in the open sun.

Petty Hates

Post 13577

KB

When you're in a toilet with a lock that shows red and says "ENGAGED" when the door is locked, yet people still insist on rattling the handle to see if they can get in. smiley - rolleyes

Petty Hates

Post 13578

SashaQ - happysad

When you want to go to the toilet, but the lock shows red - after about 10 minutes you try the door and it is not engaged, but locking the door turns the indicator green...

Petty Hates

Post 13579

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

when you go for blood tests but the person doing the test isnt very good at taking blood and you end up getting sent to the pathology lab and having to wait to be seen all over again

Petty Hates

Post 13580

Cheerful Dragon

Blood tests have always been a Petty Hate for me - I'm phobic about hypodermic needles. But a real Petty Hate is when my veins refuse to give enough blood. It doesn't happen often, but I've had phlebotomists try veins in both arms and only just get enough for the tests.

Key: Complain about this post