A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 13341

Pink Paisley

I don't suppose that anyone working at KFC has the remotest interest in what you spend at Morrisons. I don't care if they do know what I spend there. I don't buy anything that is embarrassing or illegal.

I just want KFC vouchers please.

What irritates me is the voucher for 37p off my next visit to Tesco. I'm never going to remember to bring it with me. They could just reduce my current bill by 37p.

PP.

Petty Hates

Post 13342

Pastey

PH: Having to leave a pub I'm really settled in, to go to another. I like it here dagnamit!

Petty Hates

Post 13343

winnoch2 - Impostair Syndromair Extraordinaire

Oh that used to really irk me back in the days when regularily I went to pubs in goups. Constantly having to find another seat, or place to stand, and work out what they have that I like to drink, 4+ times over againsmiley - sigh. Never, ever got the appeal of that. Just find a good pub in the first placesmiley - shrug and by all means move on if annoying people take ove the place or it otherwise dissapoints, but not just for the sake of it smiley - erm

Petty Hates

Post 13344

Cheerful Dragon

The company that delivers my medication finally got in touch today. It seems they don't have enough people taking calls to handle the number of patients. As a result, people are left on hold for a long time and some give up. That's all very well, but it doesn't explain why it's taken them four days to respond to my messages/email.

I suspect that a lot of the staff were on holiday this week and the management didn't see fit to hire temporary replacements. The justification will have been cost, and to hell with the needs of the patients.smiley - cross

Petty Hates

Post 13345

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Waiting for a phone call for a couple of hours. Leaving the phone for less than 15 minutes, and missing that call.
Oh well. They will call again.

smiley - towel

Petty Hates

Post 13346

Cheerful Dragon

That's what you think!smiley - winkeyesmiley - tongueout

Petty Hates

Post 13347

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Haha! They DID! smiley - biggrin And it was good, I'm going to get what I want.
smiley - towel

Petty Hates

Post 13348

Cheerful Dragon

It's rare that somebody's glad to get what's coming to them!smiley - winkeye

Petty Hates

Post 13349

Rod

It's winter here... Bare trees, one with a plastic bag caught high up, at the focal point from my workshop chair.

Petty Hates

Post 13350

Cheerful Dragon

Companies that give strange names to colours and the name doesn't tell you what the colour is. I was looking at shoes online and one style was in 'Superjam', a shade of purple. I asked hubby what colour he thought 'Superjam' would be and he said dark red.

I suppose if I don't see the point in giving a colour a strange name, I'm not the target market for that shoe.smiley - erm

Petty Hates

Post 13351

Smudger879n

People in front of me at check out queues, who after waiting ages, and packed all their buys into bags, then........they, and only then, start to look for their credit card.smiley - grr

There should be " cash only". tills at supermarkets and garage forecourts, so folks can get away from the tills quicker.smiley - winkeye

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Petty Hates

Post 13352

You can call me TC

Having hiccups. When I get hiccups it's very loud and there's nothing I can do about it.

Oh. They've stopped.

Petty Hates

Post 13353

Sho - employed again!

being in a supermarket alone, doing the family shop and having to pack everything really quickly because the assistant is scanning fast and chucking stuff all over the place, so you then don't have time to get your card ready
and people start "tutting" behind you in the queue as though those 30 seconds will kill them
smiley - winkeye

Petty Hates

Post 13354

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

going behind the person that only has a small amount of items so it wont take long... only they have decided to pay in loose change and they need to dig in there pockets to find the last five pence...

Petty Hates

Post 13355

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Online dating profiles.

I have no issue with the concept of online dating, and I'm even having a go myself as I see it as a natural extension to online social networking.

But ye gods the cliches, the vapidity, the self-restrictive sweeping statements.

Luckily there *are* some nice, intelligent, and interesting people there.

Petty Hates

Post 13356

winnoch2 - Impostair Syndromair Extraordinaire

Sho; go to Aldi smiley - winkeye Throw the lot back into your trolley then pack at your leisure. Though it does sometimes feel as though you've packed twice smiley - erm

Petty Hates

Post 13357

Pastey

PH: Running out of milk.

I now have to go to the supermarket if I want any more tea today. Although on the plus side, I can get some printer ink while I'm there.

Petty Hates

Post 13358

Bald Bloke

PH
Worse than running out
Finding the pint you bought from the corner shop yesterday has already gorn orf smiley - sadface

Urgent trip to different shop to get replacement.

Petty Hates

Post 13359

Pastey

That's much worse!

Petty Hates

Post 13360

Sho - employed again!

I do go to Aldi - but it makes no difference which supermarket it is: I put the things on the belt in the order they should go in my box (which is in my trolley)
If I'm on my own I need to grab them and put them in the box. I don't want things squished and I don't want to have to pack twice. So while I'm doing that, I can't be fumbling around for my card.

On the other hand - I know where my purse is in my bag (which is on my shoulder) and if someone behind me thinks the 5 seconds it takes me to locate it and get the card out is stealing time from their life, I have only one comment. And it is "tough, mate"

What we all need is a tiny bit of patience. I fully understand the frustration of being stuck behind a slowcoach wherever they are, but sometimes we need a bit of understanding and empathy.

For example: i travel every day between Düsseldorf and Düsseldorf airport (and thence by bus to my office). Every day there are the regular commuters like me, and the holiday makers (or business travellers) with suitcases. We all get off the train. The commuters make for the travelator thingy (it's at an angle like an escalator but isn't steps) and walk up the left hand side. In the worldwide tradition of escalators and travelators: walk on the left, stand on the right.

But the holiday makers (less so regular business travellers) have to block the door of the train and then all try to get off first, and then wonder why the first commuters are elbowing them at worst, or cursing them at best.
Then they get off the train and stand immediately there on the platform in a bunch and wonder why they are being elbowed and cursed
Then they stand immmediately in front of the travelator baffled at how to get themselves and a suitcase onto it
then they stand in a gaggle preventing people dashing for their bus or whatever and being all indignant and whatever that they are being elbowed, shoved, roundly abused and cursed.

Now - the commuters should show a bit of understanding, for sure, but when your train was late, you're dashing for a bus that only goes once per hour and you are on the way to work, it is understandable that this kind of behaviour exasperates, non?

And if you were going on holiday, and you are a worker bee or even a little bit observant and sensible, you'd let the red-faced, sharp-elbowed commuters off the train first, then you would be able to observe that people stand on the right and walk on the left (and this will be so freaking invaluable to anyone travelling to London...)

and everyone is happy.

(my bus goes every 10 minutes, I never run, don't push and only occasionally mention that the holidaymakers might want to think about their behaviour...)

When I do my grocery shopping it's not so bad now the Gruesomes are big. When they were small and I had to fit it into my lunchtime I didn't so much mind people taking the extra 5 or 10 seconds to find their purse, but I did mind being stuck behind 42 people obviously not constrained by time, bimbling along aimlessely... smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post