A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 13301

Pink Paisley

My PH last Thursday was my bin men. And the Thursday before, and before, and before........ And probably next week too. I must write a grumbly letter to the council, but as soon as I do, I will be admitting that I'm middle aged. Writing to the council is a thing that we middle aged people do.

Damn not WE middle aged people. Just middle aged people.

I go to work on bin day leaving my bin at the end of my drive, at the side so I can pull out without knocking it over. There's bags of room. It really isn't a problem.

When I come home, with increasing frequency, I find the bin left in the middle of the footpath outside my house and placed right in the middle of my drive so I have to move it before I can get in.

Just 3 more steps. That is all it would take 3 STEPS!

Do bin men do this to eachother, or is there a secret mark that they place on their own bins so they know which ones to put back properly? If there is can someone tell me what it is please.

PP.

Petty Hates

Post 13302

Pink Paisley

My PH today is people thinking that I'm middle aged.

PP.

Petty Hates

Post 13303

KB

Empty bins can move several feet without falling over, in even a moderate wind, if you've got the plastic wheelie type. Mine regularly do, and that's on the driveway which is pretty sheltered. So maybe it isn't the binmen's fault.

Petty Hates

Post 13304

Lusus

If you let the bin men *think* you're middle aged PP, perhaps they will put your bin back properly out of sympathy for your advanced years. smiley - run

Petty Hates

Post 13305

Deb

We have a woman on our street who practically follows the binmen down the road putting everyone's bins back up by their houses. I now realise how luck I am.

Deb smiley - cheerup

Petty Hates

Post 13306

Lusus

My Petty Hate for today is that there has been no petty hates for around a month. Thats just slack. smiley - hamster

Petty Hates

Post 13307

quotes

PH-not knowing which queue you need to join, and either having to jump to the front to ask, or risk queueing for the wrong thing.

Petty Hates

Post 13308

Sho - employed again!

my company, mean well bless their hearts, have arranged a training day for me. In Korea. For one day - which in fact starts at 10am and ends at 3pm. And requires two full days travel time there and back.
smiley - grr

i need perfume, however, so I'm going smiley - boing

Petty Hates

Post 13309

Wand'rin star

About the time of the fall of communism in Poland is was customary to go queueing in pairs; one would join the end while the other would go to the front to find out what the queue was for. If the team had the luxury of a third member, s/he would walk from the front of the queue back to where it was calculated to end , eg if there were six dozen eggs left, anybody after number eight was an incurable optimist.smiley - starsmiley - star

Petty Hates

Post 13310

Pink Paisley

That little bit of dried milk that falls into your tea from the rim of the plastic container when you pour some into your mug / cup.

PP.

Petty Hates

Post 13311

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

I don't understand why those fake lottery emails can't at least SOUND like they're written in english.

smiley - simpost

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 13312

That little sliver of the windshield just above the rearview mirror that you can't block the sun from shining through.

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 13313

Ace Trainer Josh

When someone doesn't notice something you think should be obvious.

Petty Hates

Post 13314

Oh, that happens to me SO MUCH...

Here, have some flowers: smiley - cheerup

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 13315

Pastey

Running low on milk and having to try and decide whether you've got enough for the day, or enough if you limit your tea intake, or whether to get your lazy arse out of the house and go fetch some.

Petty Hates

Post 13316

Ace Trainer Josh

Also: When someone gets annoyed at you for not noticing something they think should be obvious.

Petty Hates

Post 13317

Cheerful Dragon

Wanting to look something up online and forgetting what it was. It's understandable if some time has elapsed since the intention was formed, but annoying if it happens in the time it takes for the search engine to open.smiley - cross

Petty Hates

Post 13318

Rod

Ah, CD, so I'm not aloneā€¦

Taking especial note of where i parked the car 'cos I know I'll forget.
Patrolling the streets, looking for it.

Petty Hates

Post 13319

Pink Paisley

No, CD and Rod, you are not alone.

PP.

Petty Hates

Post 13320

Pink Paisley

Ikea.

'Nuf said.

PP.