A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 10341

Deb

I've gotta say, though - those sage & onion yorkshires are pretty yummy with a nice free-range chicken thigh and some green beans smiley - drool

Deb smiley - cheerup

Petty Hates

Post 10342

Sho - employed again!

Sage & Onion Yorkshires? it's what we call Seasoned Pudding - totally scrummy.

But for goodness sakes: A Yorkshire pudding is supposed to be huge...

Petty Hates

Post 10343

Cheerful Dragon

My mother was born in Germany and learned to cook there (hotel chef standard), although I don't know where she learned about Yorkshire pudding.. On the occasions when she made Yorkshire pudding, she cooked it in a spare roasting tin. You were served with a big slice of pudding, not one of those fiddly little things.

Petty Hates

Post 10344

Rod

Agreed, unless home-made little ones.

But a middle-sized one in a deep dish and filled with onion soup - yum

Petty Hates

Post 10345

Sho - employed again!

the little ones are popovers Rod. I can't take them seriously smiley - rofl

Petty Hates

Post 10346

Recumbentman

Top & bottom & nobbut in the middle?

Petty Hates

Post 10347

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

This group of shiftless layabouts I keep seeing drinking 'cider' in town. They're there all bloody day, drinking their drinks and generally making the place look messy and uninviting (this is on the main foot route between the train station and the town centre, so this lot are one of the first things many visitors to Swindon will see).

I don't pay my smiley - bleeping taxes so they can spend all day sitting on their arses getting pished (because they must be claiming benefits of one kind or other) It makes me so smiley - cross, today especially when I overheard one talking about the tattoo session he had booked. *I* can't afford a tattoo so how the hell can this guy?

Petty Hates

Post 10348

Icy North

Swindon (swin-dun), literally "Swine Down" or "Hill where pigs are kept".

Pork stews well in cider.

Petty Hates

Post 10349

Anna Siren- the heathen of the deep, according to iTunes...

Paperwork. Loneliness. Foreign plugs. I want my own voltage dammit, at least then I'll know they work. being cold, but not tired.

Petty Hates

Post 10350

Bright Blue Shorts

People phoning any time after 10pm ...

Petty Hates

Post 10351

Anna Siren- the heathen of the deep, according to iTunes...

any time after nine for me if i am working. i'm not for this year so it's a free for all now!

Petty Hates

Post 10352

The Groob

Someone down the road is blasting music. The annoying thing about someone blasting music a few doors away is that you can only hear (feel!) the bassline. Would be much cooler if you could only hear the high hat or the vocals. Someone needs to reinvent the laws of physics, I guess. smiley - huh

Petty Hates

Post 10353

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Nah, the bassline is the best bit. So speaketh a bass player.

Petty Hates

Post 10354

The Groob

Yeah? I sort of agree with you in a way. Back when I were a lad in my clubbing days, if I was dancing and a tune came on I didn't like, I used to pick out the bass line and just listen to that and dance to that on its own. I found if I didn't like a tune I could still like the bass line.

Petty Hates

Post 10355

Cheerful Dragon

PHoD #1: People who stand in awkward places to have a chat. This could be just inside the entrance to a shop or, as yesterday, by a pedestrian crossing. Two women stood chatting, looking as if they were waiting for the lights to change. It took me a while to realise the lights were taking a long time to change, so I pressed the button just to make sure it had been done. It hadn't. They just chose that spot to have a chat, not thinking about what they were doing.

PHoD #2: Having a cold that drags on and on and... I've had a cold for about 2 weeks now, and it shows no sign of clearing. My voice sounds strange, my nose alternates between streaming and bunged up, I have a cough that doesn't respond to over-the-counter treatment.smiley - ill Hubby had strep throat last week, but it isn't that. In the past it's taken me more than a month to get over having flu. I'm supposed to be having my flu jab some time soon. I hope this isn't flu.smiley - sadface

Petty Hates

Post 10356

You can call me TC

Don't get me on to flu jabs. I can take them or leave them - I never have flu or colds anyway. But in May we were offered the opportunity to have one at work- free of charge. We put our names on the list and waited for September, as promised. On 28th September, I wrote an e-mail to our technical manager who had started the thing off and said I was going on holiday for a week and September was nearly over. No jabs yet.

I am sure he had forgotten because he wrote back and said he was waiting for a date. Oh yeah. He has now told us it will be on 7 November. Most people will have had their flu by then, if they're going to get it.

PH - all our managers. I wonder why I bother to go in to work every morning.

Petty Hates

Post 10357

Cheerful Dragon

"Most people will have had their flu by then, if they're going to get it."

I guess I must be an exception, then. When I last had flu, it was in January.

Petty Hates

Post 10358

The Groob

Yeah, flu usually gets me around Christmas time. I often go into the new year feeling like death.

Dragon, some people get offended when you say "Excuse me" when they're in the way. Not sure why this is. It might be because some people find it rude unless you stick a "please" on the end, but "Excuse me please" always sounds like you're being polite twice to me, like saying, "Thanks, cheers" when someone passes you something.

Petty Hates

Post 10359

Pastey

PHoD: This bleeding login bug.

smiley - rose

Petty Hates

Post 10360

You can call me TC

We have faith in you, Pastey, ("Deity in training"). Worse things happen at sea. It doesn't bother me much, so we're not all growling and pawing at your door.

What does amaze me, though, is that one thread repeatedly appears twice in my conversations list. I've put a link to "my conversations" at the top of my page if you want to have a quick look.

Anyway, that thing about the flu in November was for effect - I know people get flu at and after Christmas, too. My main bugbear is the bad organisation in the company I work for. The flu jab problem is only the thin end of the wedge.

Key: Complain about this post