A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 2761

AlexoOo

I would personally pay Robbie not to sing Angels. Still I'm not a fan. Never forgave him for being in Take That.

Petty Hates

Post 2762

eloisa

Actually, in Robbies case, he can just pee off and not bother with the songs.

Petty Hates

Post 2763

eloisa

(note to self, read all posts before responding!)

Petty Hates

Post 2764

Kat

Actually I don't mind Robbie - he does put out the occasion decent song like "Let me Entertain You" or "Rock DJ". Not keen on "Angels" personally (although I don't hate it) and I resent the way he was voted best performer of the 90's from a list that included the vastly superior Nirvana, Radiohead and Red Hot Chilli Peppers but then he's one of the last characters left in pop and he's a good entertainer.

Hubbie hates his guts but I don't think Robbie is that bad for a pop star.

Petty Hates

Post 2765

katkodl

Well, he's behaving like a total moron most of the time. But he has a few good songs, that's true. Especially the ones mentioned by vampadvoacate are okay! smiley - oksmiley - musicalnote

Petty Hates

Post 2766

AlexoOo

I have to admit, he's a good ice skater!

Petty Hates

Post 2767

The Groob

People say he's got a great sense of humour. When he was offered a huge contract (for 80 million or whatever it was) he came out of the contract signing and shouted "I'm rich beyond my wildest dreams!" What's funny about that?

Petty Hates

Post 2768

AlexoOo

It would be funny if he just went "eh eh ehhhhhhhh!", like Anne out of Little Britain, and put the cheque down a drain.

Petty Hates

Post 2769

Kat

Anyone heard of Mark and Lard take on "Angels" called "A*sehole"

Petty Hates

Post 2770

The Groob

There's now a website that you can use to find out which of your msn messenger contacts has you on block. Now who but the most insecure of people would really need this service? People put you on block. People slate you behind your back. Get over it.

Petty Hates

Post 2771

urchinvic - the budgies are restless

yes i have heard it and its the funniest thing i've ever heard in my life. I reccommend anyone to listen to it, unless you have a severe dislike of swearing, men stuffing body parts into one another humour, crap guitar (sorry Lard).....the list goes on. but do buy the Shirehorses albums at some point in your lovely lives. you will find them greatly enriched. smiley - biggrin

Petty Hates

Post 2772

Yael Smith

Greatly enriched, eh?smiley - erm
I hate singers that think they must use vibrato (no, children, not vibratoR, Vibrato, means the effect that Whitney Houston has in songs like I will always love you, where her voice vibrates during the Love and most of the other words in the song)as much as possible.

Petty Hates

Post 2773

eloisa

Craig David. If he just sang the damn song and stopped faffing about the song would be over soo much quicker and we could listen to something better.

Petty Hates

Post 2774

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Name checking in songs bugs me... I remember when Daniel Beddingfield was on Jo Whiley. During every instrumental break he was warbling "Daniel Beddingfield, Jo Whiley, Radio 1" repeatedly... apparentlt Jo herself found the experience embarrassing and annoying.

Petty Hates

Post 2775

Yael Smith

Oh, yessmiley - groan. I know of a band, that doesn't exist anymore, which was in the habbit of naming each of its sevensmiley - yikes members every time they did an instrumental solo on live shows. Annoying or what?

Petty Hates

Post 2776

aonemantidalwave

I'll tell you something that irritates me whilst we're talking bands namechecking. I saw some band years ago, supporting Therapy? I think and they dedicated EVERY song to some ponce I'd never heard of. For example:"This next ones called 'To Brave The Forest'(or whatever) and its dedicated to Big Keith".
Now unless, 'Big Keith' was actually there whats the bloody point?!

Petty Hates

Post 2777

AlexoOo

Those pop idol style shows really bug me. Can you imagine what Simon Cowell would have made of Kurt Cobain?

"You really should try singing instead of screaming, you look much too depressed - try smiling more and move about a bit!"

And the 'musicians' who actually do win through are so fake it makes you want to retch.

P.S. This post is dedicated to David 'The Man' Gubbinthwaite.

Petty Hates

Post 2778

aonemantidalwave

LOL!

Petty Hates

Post 2779

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

I'm really tempted to apply for one of those shows, do really well in the auditions (cos I can acutally sing) and when I get to the actual televised in front of the judges bit do something by Carcass or Napalm Death. smiley - evilgrin

Petty Hates

Post 2780

Kat

I saw the charity celeb final of "Fame Academy" and I noticed that they all sang in that same fake emotive way so totally with you about these "talent" contests. With poster about Whitney's holding of notes as well - it sounds so false and overblown.

Key: Complain about this post