Currently: Auckland, New Zealand.

Where are our researchers from?

Post 22

Researcher 90325

Wellington, NZ

Post 23

Munchkin

Born: Paisley, Renfrewshire, West of Scotland (No I don't have any jellies!)
Promptly moved to Beith, Ayrshire, West of Scotland, then Dumbarton, Dunbartonshire (that is not a typo), West of Scotland (where I started primary school. Next was Darvel, Ayrshire, West of Scotland and then Newmilns, Ayrshire, West of Scotland. After only two months there I was off to Glasgow, Have a Guess, where I went to Uni. Still there over seven years later. That actually makes Glasgow my longest stayed in place. How odd.
Further strangeness comes from my parents. Although they both grew up in Paisley, my dad was born in Montreal, Quebec, Canada (ah, the Empire). While he has no relatives in Canada, my mother has thousands, yet was born in Paisley!

I feel a tad confused now, but possibly Scottish.

Scuse me , my SETI@home just went off ..... Ah, that's better, but 138 hrs should get me a mention in any paper they publish.

I think I am rambling now, but will say that that Avatar chappie is correct about looking up peoples home pages, and damned strange you all are. smiley - winkeye

Post 24

Anonymouse

Thanks -- I think. smiley - winkeye

Post 25

Sorcerer

Okay, you seem weird enough

Post 26

Sorcerer

I'm a third generation Aussie, mate.

Although I'm about half Scottish by ancestory

Post 27

Munchkin

That would explain why you see sheared sheep in the sun (he said leaping across forums). Over here they just shiver in the rain.

Post 28

Slartibardfast

I be livin in the quaint ole english town of Reading. Anyone that doesnt know England should be advised that it is pronounced differently from reading (as in reading a book).

I was born and bred in the black country (west midlands), not far from Birmingham and I shall be living in Scotland next year(for reasons that are not apparent at the minute).

Post 29

Anonymouse

Would you care to advise us non-brits of the correct pronunciation, then? smiley - winkeye

Post 30

Bumblebee

I think its pronounsed "Redding".
But then again I'm a non-Brit myself.
-B-

Post 31

Taipan - Jack of Hearts

Spot on with pronounciation. How confusing can we make this language? I'd hate to have to learn it from scratch, as most of it's rules in spelling and pronounciation simply seem to contradict themselves.

Post 32

Slartibardfast

Yeah, thats right it rymes with bedding.
Curiously when I was a student here I got a letter informing me of my course decision which said 'reading physics at reading'. Confusing isn't it.

Post 33

Jimi X

We pronounce the town with the same name "Redding" here in Pennsylvania...

Pun

Post 34

Munchkin

You're it. smiley - smiley

*Sound of Munchkin running away like the holiday monkey*

Post 35

The Dancing Tree

I live only 10 miles away from Reading in a town called Yateley (pronounced bitofacrapplacetolivebutthereyougo)

Post 36

Jimi X

Funny, we have a place like that here too!

Post 37

Born: Warrington, England
Grew up: N/A smiley - smiley
Current home town: Warrington, England
Other stuff: not really sure.

I'm usually more interested in time zone differences, 'cause, well, it's just difficult for the human mind to comprehend, I guess. Currently I'm on GMT+1, what with this daft daylight savings time and all...

Post 38

AEndr, The Mad Hatter

There is a village and a surname in Britain spelt Featherstonehaugh.

Really, I'm not kidding. I even know people who live there.

I might tell you how to pronounce it tomorrow, if no-one beats me to it.

Hint: when pronounced it sounds as if there are only 2 (two) syllables and neither of them are really guessable from the above spelling.

Post 39

The Mummy, administrator of the SETI@home Project (A193231) and The Reluctant Dead on the FFFF (A254314)

I was born in Haarlem (The Netherlands), and now live in a speck on the same map called Steenwijk (sounds like Stainwike).

Post 40

Contemplation (Zaphodista in a Cloak of Goo)

'ello

Born: Blue Hill, Maine, USA
Raised: Hancock, Maine, USA
Exiled From: All of Maine, USA
Hiding In: Palm Bay, Florida, USA
Looking To Escape From: All of Florida, USA (Well, actually would like to escape from the whole USA, but the MIB's are too observant)

I hear Oz is a good place to live... the government doesn't really bug you there... or so I've heard...

Contemplation/96169/Emp

Key: Complain about this post