A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Whats the weather doing where you are?

Post 7641

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Cambridge, UK.
Snow. cold. and cold snow. smiley - brr
Weirdly, it doesn't seem to be settling much here, despire the near constant snow fall, but I know from reports in that outside the city, its settled to at least three inchs, and its still falling smiley - brr and I'm meant to be heading out to the wilds of the fens tomorrow, wher eit'll be colder and more snowy smiley - wah Though it is allowing me to think up creative ways for William and I to stay warm smiley - whistlesmiley - handcuffs

Post 7642

ITIWBS

Coachella Valley, CA, USA

M 25 Mar 2013, 1:20am PDT

Early spring, daytime temperatures hovering in the low 90sF/32+C.

Wildflowers in bloom along the highways.

I hope to have time to go up to Joshua Tree National Park in the near future to see the wildflower show there.

Post 7643

shagbark

Lansing Michigan US 3PM 27 March
Partly cloudy and windy. Temp is just above freezing.

Post 7644

ITIWBS

Th 28 Mar 2013, ~5:34am PDT

Sun's not up yet.

A lot of wispy strato-cirrus clouds, magenta in the sunset last night.

Could cover much the same this morning.

Only 1st magnitude stars visible at a glance.

Windless.

Temperature, 76F/24C

Post 7645

Smudger879n

Here in Fife Scotland, its been a dry day, the first one in a long time.
This time last week we had snow and ice to contend with. The poor bluebells in my garden are doing their best to break through, but this cold weather must be confusing them?smiley - erm

smiley - cheers Smudger.

Post 7646

shagbark

Lansing Michigan 7PM 13 April Just a few degrees above freezing and it was acting like March weather.
this leads to my new hypothesis:When the clocks went on Daylight Savings Time in November the calendar got jealous of all the attention the clocks got, so It came up with something comparable and set the weather back one month. Now the clocks are back on summer time but the Calendar is still on JSCS (Jetstream Saving Calendar Setback) And it is acting like March. .

Post 7647

ITIWBS

So strapped for time...

An edited guide entry on jet stream effects of weather and health is something I would like to see.

I've noticed changes in barometric pressure at ground level so swift and so sharp it made my ears pop, as though going through a rapid change in elevation.

Post 7648

Reality Manipulator

Belhus, Thurrock, Essex, UK 19 June 2013 15:25

Partly cloudy blue sky with plenty of sunshine. The temperature is 27°C
but feels more like 26°C. There is 64% and there is a light breeze coming from the direction of the North East.

Post 7649

Icy North

Phew wot a scorcher in London too.

(Hope this conveys the level of meterological rigour you expect in this thread)

Post 7650

ITIWBS

Days late, just discovered a mis-posting:

Posted 3 Days Ago by Online NowITIWBS

W 19 Jun 2013, ~8:15pm, PDT

The solstice, the longest day of the year and the first day of summer, comes early this year, tommorrow, Th 20 Jun 2013.

The wind is growing more and more inconstant, alternating in an adiabatic slosh between a branch of the pineapple current coming with considerable force over the San Gorgonio pass, generally blowing from the northwest and a monsoonal system coming upfrom the south, off the Gulf of California (between Baja California and the Mexican mainland).

The winds should stop almost completely soon and then, it will merely be hot.

Long established local residents think it may be unusually hot this summer, with temperatures going into the high 130sF, over 54.5C.

I've installed a 140F thermometer on the front porch in the shade.

Perhaps not adequate for the Persian Gulf, where temperatures max out annually in the high 140s, but probably adquate for our local climate.

The adiabatic maximum is located along the course of Airport Blvd., in Thermal, CA, ~15 miles west of here, and its there that the highest annual temperature for the USA is usually registered.

Current outdoor temperature is 86F/30C, no wind.

Post 7651

ITIWBS

Coachella Valley, USA, CA

M 24 Jun 2013 ~12:30am PDT

Brisk monsoonal southerly coming up today, opposing recent Pineapple current westerly coming overthe San Gorgonio pass, the oscillation pumping an adiabatic heating trend.

115F/46C forecast for high, F 28 Jun 2013, temperatures over 100F/38C M-F this week.

Post 7652

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

smiley - yikes
>> the oscillation pumping an adiabatic heating trend. <<

Sounds scary!
smiley - nur
~jwf~

Post 7653

ITIWBS

Tu 25 Jun 2013, 12:40pm PDT

Winds have reversed again.

Temperature at the moment, 102F/38C, forecast still bang on. smiley - smiley

Post 7654

ITIWBS

Sa 29 Jun 2013, ~4:15pm PDT

High yesterday was 119F/48C.

High today at ~12:30 was 120F/49C.

Brisk monsoonal wind coming up from the south off of the Sea of Cortez hit at ~2:30pm.

Temperature has dropped to 115F/46C.

Early for such hot weather.

Predictions of long term residents that temperatures this year may go into the 130sF and over 54.5C appear more probable every day.

smiley - biggrin...then September comes along with cooler weather, it seems as though there's a nip of frost in the air and checking the temperature it proves to be 90F/32C.

Post 7655

Reality Manipulator

Belhus, Thurrock, Essex, UK 30 June 2013 16:16

Blue sky with scattered clouds. The temperature is 26°C. There is 51% humidity and 39% cloud cover and there is a light breeze coming from the direction of the WSW.

Post 7656

ITIWBS

Su 30 Jun 2013, ~9:45pm PDT

Official high for today, 118F/48C.

Forecast for tomorrow, rain, with high at 109F/42.5C, temperatures increasing again, later in the week.

Post 7657

shagbark

Meanwhile at the airport in Lansing,Michigan there is a light breeze skies somewhat overcast and temp 68F (15C)

Post 7658

ITIWBS

Tu 2 Jul 2013, ~4:20pm PDT

Yesterday's rain only made it as far east of the San Gorgonio pass as Rancho Mirage, didn't penetrate as far out in the desert as I am.

Gale force monsoonal wind coming up from the south today.

Current temperature, 110F/42.5C.

Post 7659

ITIWBS

Sa 13 Jul 2013, ~3:30am PDT

Rained early in the morning, (Th 11 Jul 2013), day before yesterday.

There was a forecast for rain yesterday.

Didn't see any.

Temperature, 80F/26.5C, windless.

Post 7660

Reality Manipulator

Belhus, Thurrock, Essex, UK 1 August 2013 15:52

Clear blue sky. The temperature is 31°C. There is 45% humidity and there is a light breeze coming from the direction of the South.

Key: Complain about this post