A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Whats the weather doing where you are?

Post 1

Me Myself & i!

Just thought Id try an experiment to see if weather is really variale by the region you are in and how far that region spans.

For instance it is 16.19 on 18th June and I am based in Milton Keynes,UK, it is Sunny, warm with a slight breeze.

what about where you are?

Post 2

Whisky

Lyon France... 17:25

Sunny and hot - around 35°C outside and around 45°C in my non-airconditioned office.

Help me I'm mellllltttiiinnnnggggg!!!!!!!smiley - silly

Post 3

Odo

16:34

I am in Newport, South Wales . Very hot and sunny here at the moment, blue sky and a few fluffy white clouds. I wish I had put my washing out!

Post 4

Me Myself & i!

16.57 Milton Keynes.

The wind is getting up a bit, but still blue sky sunny and warm. Thermometre outside office says 26 degrees

Post 5

Ek* this space intentionally left blank *ki

17.02 Glasgow ...

Thus far today we've had torrential rain and sunshine ... currently from my office window it would appear to be approximately 50% cloud cover and of that slightly irritating temperature where it's too hot to wear all your clothes but too cold to forget your jacket ... and it's just rained!

Post 6

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

11.10 Austin Texas

Currently 83ºF (forecast to make around 94º this afternoon), partly cloudy. Lots of big white/greyish clouds which look like they could develop into thunderstorms but probably won't, with deep blue sky in between. Quite humid - heat index makes it feel like mid 90s. Light breeze.

Post 7

Researcher 177704

17.15, Somewhere in the South West of England, UK

Currently 19ºC, which is today's maximum temperature so far. Today's minimum was 15ºC. The sky is very clear, with very few whispy clouds. It's just about starting to get cooler.

smiley - rocket

Post 8

skugga (ACE), keeper of shadows, lots of rats, no betta splendens anymore and badly drawn vampires

19.00 p. m. in Frankfurt/Germany. Still 35 Celsius out, in my flat about the same temperature (under the roof). Maximum today: Almost 40. Still hoping for a nice thunderstorm.

Your's melting, skugga

Post 9

Nora - back from the Dublin meet!

18.49 PM in Bray, Wicklow, Ireland.

It's about 64 F (I still think in Farenheit - late transition from US). It got quite warm today, because the sun came out. It might have been 70 or so at one stage. It's cloudy now, having vacillated all day. We only got sprinkles here, but our weather is amazingly variable - I don't know what it did 10 miles away.

smiley - strawberries

Post 10

ametropia (Muse of linux chicks, Keeper of lost file fragments)

Sydney, Nova Scotia (Canada) -- 15:07 AST (atlantic standard time)

It's... um... cloudy smiley - smiley I'm just looking out the window, lol. Looks like it could rain... oh wait! The sun *just* came out for all of a split second, and now its gone again... smiley - smiley

it's been a bit on the cool side all through june, the temperature is probably still a little cool. Hopefully July will bring some beach weather!

- ametropia

Post 11

Marjin, After a long time of procrastination back lurking

20.35 Amstelveen, Netherlands.
25 C, blue plus clouds. Showers and thunderstorm an hour ago.

Post 12

ametropia (Muse of linux chicks, Keeper of lost file fragments)

Marjin: lucky!! I love thunderstorms! smiley - smiley

- ametropia

Post 13

Dolt

19:45 in Swansea South Wales, and there's patchy cloud floating around, 20 C (ish), and the air's quite hazy - I can't see Devon across the Bristol Channel.

Post 14

il viaggiatore

12:18 South Seattle

Overcast with intermittent rain.

Post 15

Witty Ditty

20:18, West London.

Bright, a few little fluffy clouds, warm, slight breeze.

Post 16

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

Hampshire on the South coast.The weather is currently driving me nuts.
This morning it was so overcast I nearly went back to bed.At 3pm the sun came out and now it's a glorious evening.It's so changable that I often end up outside with a jumper AND a coat in blazing sunshine.I'm sick of it.

Incog.

Post 17

Episteme

I'm sitting here sulking because I've spent the entire day waiting for a promised thunderstorm. They warned us to secure smaller boats and generally tie up anything loose outside because of the expected heavy winds. And all we've had so far is heavy, humid, headache-inducing low pressure and some intermittent rain.

smiley - steam

Oh, and this is Oslo, and the time is now 23.00.

Oooo, a gust of wind... Nah. Nothing continues to happen. smiley - cross

Post 18

Zak T Duck

Worsley, Manchester UK: 23.40

Clear sky, no wind, cool air.

Looks like it'll be a nice night over north west Manchester, now all we need is a weatherperson to hex it.

Post 19

Mother of God, Empress of the Universe

Fort Lauderdale, Florida USA

Right now it's about 90F and momentarily sunny, which is just enough to burn off the water from the intermittent thunderstorms and give us about a million percent humidity. Imagine being in a steam room filled with the scent of tropical vegetation and you've got it. smiley - smiley I see more thunderstorms over the ocean and to the west, so we'll probably have a divine sunset this evening.

Post 20

Tonto BA (Hons)

Rochdale UK 00:02

Reasonably warm. Wind dropped and hopefully a nice day tomorrow smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more